Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay long story short... bought on valentines day a 2003 honda accord coupe 6 speed 240 hp V6 only because the dodge dealerships told me the car will not be here until may or june AND with a 5,000 markup!! I was like "NO way!!" then after I got the honda(my first car died on me so I needed a car 4 my j.o.b) the dodge dealer barwick told me they got one and for MSRP so I got the red the red srt-4 I have now!! so I have 2 cars.

NOw the dilemma. I would like the sti, I mean they will give me almost what I paid for the honda I have a rolex I will sell (yachtmaster) then trade in the new honda for the new sti???? should I or just keep the srt-4 and mod the hell out of her?? OR, get another srt-4 one to leave stock and one to race @ the track or something???? please help me out here!!!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
hmmm.... in this case, if i had to chose any combination of those 3 cars, I would make the SRT a beater and mod the hell out of the Sti eventually. But that's just me!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I wish I had problems like this...

The STi is Sweet! But i'm biased, so keep the SRT and mod it, then buy your girlfriend something nice with the extra. This will help make up for all the time your be out driving and not paying attention to her.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha

Nice one Ebbtide!!! the reason why I can afford 2 cars is because I dumped her A$$!! I mean I was wasting almost a G a month on the usual food, drinks, hotel rooms (j/k about the hotel just had to write one more thing !!)
anyway ebbtide how do ya like your srt-4???

OKay you know way more than me so .... I wanna ask you something. here, I am thinking and planning to develop a widebody kit or something like it. I have architechtual skills(not grammar skills so be nice) and I am trying to get my friends company to mae it once I have designed it. WHY?? well, I want those competition coupe viper style body with those awesome 3 piece forged alluminum BBS rims, they are like 19 X 14.5 anyway I dont need them that wide but 17 x 8.0 is ideal for the srt-4.... I want to trick out my srt-4 to look so damn mean and quality let me know what you think. (I dont in anyway want it to resemble a viper because then I would just TRY to get one thanks ebbtide)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hmmm. It seems that you got some cool ideas/plan for your SRT-4 which I think would give you some pride and feel of accomplishments which no car could ever match.

If it was me, I'd carry on with my cool idea of the custom kit. It would be something that I could personally claim and would make me feel good for a long long time.

New cars are always out there for you to buy should you need one.

But that's just me.

PS. I have a very very very very similar idea. And the STi is also in the picture. Weird. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Re: hahaha

SRTdriven said:
I am thinking and planning to develop a widebody kit or something like it. I am trying to get my friends company to mae it once I have designed it.
when you get it made, if it looks good ill buy one off of ya! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
ok dude,
you didn'tt want the srt4 because of a $5000 markup ??
but you are willing to spend the $32,000 fot the subaru !!
dude what do you think the markup on the sti is going to be ??? i figuring at least 3k so minimum you will pay 35,000 for the sti... thats if subaru even gets the price down that low ... i've heard i may cost 35,000 so possiblly 38,000 for this car ?? i payed 22,681 for my srt 4 with tax and fees
california tax is 7% right so thats 2,400 + dealer fee $600 so 3000..
you could end up spending over $40,000 for a suped up wrx !!! :shock:
think of the mods you can do with 17,000 you saved by buying the dodge !! ive seen the srt4 run a 12.9 with up pipe,downpipe , boost controller , and a hks ssq bov .. total cost = about 1400 bucks .. you do the math ... i'll stick with the srt-4 :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good point !! on a side note though, I was at the suby dealership and they said if I had a regular rex with only 2500.00 I could take it past 300 horses!! I loooove my srt-4!!! believe me I must admit I have not been the neon fan over the years like everyone else here but my buddy douglas once showed me and hyped up the car HE would be getting the 2002 neon r/t!! I was very impressed. I mean most talk where I live is that american cars just suck!>???? TOTALLY not the case as I have seen for my own eyes rather than the opinion driven wack jobs over here in cali. I made a goal as soon as I saw the supercharged prototype neon @ the la autp show I was like WOW!! I will get the car... behold the srt-4!! my love.... my precccciousss!! haha anyways I wish there was an srt-4 club in cali

It was only a thought about getting the sti. it will be a low 13's ride with totally upgraded internals, however for 32,000.(that will be msrp) I believe you are right!! I want the atp stage 2 !!!! dammit

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the wrx with $2500 wont be 300hp at the wheels though like the srt-4!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
Actually it will be really close...

UTEC + 30-40 HP
Turbo back exhaust + ~30 HP
Uppipe + ~15 hp

227 + 15 + 35 + 30 = 307 HP, granted with about a 23% drivetrain loss your lookin at more like 240 HP to all the wheels, but you didn't specify! :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
If i had that money I would go STI STI!!! 2.5L, AWD, 6 speed :shock: It'll probably be 12.9 stock if not lower. I would have loved to get the sti just don't have an extra 13-14 grand to put on it. Don't get me wrong I love my SRT and wouldn't trade it in for any other 20 grand car. but i'd traded it for that STi :D Even if i pulled 13's all day with my SRT I'd take that sti with no sound system.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Shard said:
lifeisdeath said:
Actually it will be really close...

UTEC + 30-40 HP
Turbo back exhaust + ~30 HP
Uppipe + ~15 hp

227 + 15 + 35 + 30 = 307 HP, granted with about a 23% drivetrain loss your lookin at more like 240 HP to all the wheels, but you didn't specify! :D
yes he did :roll: :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Shard said:
lifeisdeath said:
your lookin at more like 240 HP to all the wheels, but you didn't specify! :D
actually i DID specify. ^^^^^^^

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you can afford a STi and can find one at MSRP, buy it.

I still don't have my SRT. I think it is going to be a great car and I will be happy with it. It is the most bang for the buck in the world.

I cannot afford a STi. I borrow a regular stock WRX and I think it is a great car. The STi is going to be AMAZING! I am a Mopar guy, however, if I had the long greens the Uber Sube would be in my garage.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i rode in a WRX inb the rain and i was thrilled by the driving dynamics then but not too thrilled about dry dynamics :oops: :roll: :twisted: :wink: STi 8 up the Evo long before it came...Onw3d

·
Registered
109 Posts
I live in the desert. I have never had a chance to drive the WRX in the wet.

I have been impressed with how it drives at speed. I have done a little stop light and entry ramp grand prix and autoXed it. It could use better tires, but all in all I have been very impressed.

If I were a rich guy, I think a fun project with an SRT would be to install a Quaife 6-speed sequential transaxle with a take off for rear wheel drive from a WRC car. Put an independent rear diff in. I am guessing all the parts would be available in Europe. You could then build a 400+ 2.4 motor for the little 4wd beauty.

That would be a SRT that would shit and git. A WRC SRT-4 project. Too bad I have put all my money into my business. I don't even have a Rolex to trade in.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
no way in hell would the wrx with 2500 in upgrades ever hit 300 at the wheels .. an all wheel drive car with 300 horses isn't the easiest task .. oh well... btw i talked to atp turbo yesterday, the downpipes will be for sale by next week, so start saving your pennies kiddies :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
thispainisours said:
..a stock wrx only makes 192 horses at the wheels , granted the thing would problly toast a vette...
No, try 160 WHP for a stock WRX. Who the hell told you 192? Thats only like 13% drivetrain loss.
And No, it would not even come close to toasting a stock C5 vette.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'm no Jap expert but i saw a jap version video of the new STi and I think it ran like 12.9p in 1/4.

Not sure though.

Yeah, I like the new STi. If I'm not supporting two people (including myself) in colege, I'll take one. Guess I have to wait.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
thispainisours said:
no way in hell would the wrx with 2500 in upgrades ever hit 300 at the wheels .. a stock wrx only makes 192 horses at the wheels , granted the thing would problly toast a vette , but an all wheel drive car with 300 horses isn't the easiest task .. oh well... btw i talked to atp turbo yesterday, the downpipes will be for sale by next week, so start saving your pennies kiddies :p
Not even the 2004 will toast a 04 Z06 Vette or 04 Cobra. Try that again...

The top three muscle cars for 04 will be the GTS Viper, Z06 Vette (refresh version), and the new Cobra. Yet, best bang for the performance driven guy, the Cobra wins hands down. Oh...don't think it going to be the pony 390HP, think again. 500HP is more like it.

AWD have a bigger lost than normal FWD or RWD cars due to the AWD drive unit. However, it goes back to your requirements>

Looking for performance, the STI is not the car for you.

If you like to drive off-road, extreme cornering, and anything else that requires a true AWD, then buy one.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts