Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently runnin s2, and stock plugs with 25k miles on the bitch~~ it currently feels like it looses power at high boost~~ or it misfires~~ or when idling it just sounds funny....
Im plannin on getting the NGK ones gapped at .40
What do you all think??

·
Registered
448 Posts
25k eh? stage 2? take it back to the dealership, they'll put new plugs in if it needs em, they did for mine, and new plug wires, and i have stage 1... :rofl:

plus they can tell you if you have a misfire in any of your cylinders...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Just get the stock Champions, $6 or so and 20 minutes work. If you are still running the original plugs you will see a performance increase. Try .040 or .045 gap.

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
negative on the champions......all new srt's come with the ngk's now. the ngk plug runs cooler than the champion, and is an overall better plug.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'd stck the NGKs gap to .040 and make sure you run good gas and reset the PCM. I got some wrong plugs for my car, a heat range higher. My PCM was in retard mode. Want to see the before and after (PCM reset and plug swap)?

Peak corrected number sae smoothing = 0 were

Before: 234 hp/270 tq
After: 251 HP/281 tq.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
spineshank385 said:
negative on the champions......all new srt's come with the ngk's now. the ngk plug runs cooler than the champion, and is an overall better plug.

:werd: gap .035- .30 ish.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
ACX- That is quite the difference.. What mods do you have?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Jerod said:
ACX- That is quite the difference.. What mods do you have?
my only mods are mopar catback, plug wires and drop in filter, stage 1.

Those numbers are with the same mods, pre and post PCM reset / plg swap.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just put in a new greddy catch can... (original stock plugs) and every so time when turning the beast on... i hear an un rythmetic knock on my valve cover~~~ what the hell is it...~~ i havent had a chance to put new plugs in yet ~ could that be the problem???

·
Administrator
39,344 Posts
I just regapped my original plugs to .042 today @8000 miles and noticed a difference in how smoothly the car pulls now, used to have some surging in certain situations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts