Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Theres a vid floating around on youtube of a blue conquest, with an LSX swap in it. Looked pretty mean
that would probable be the turbo mag featured quest, makes like 500 some HP on 5 PSi of boost, and is absolutely crazy, there is also a red NA one with an LS1 that has a lot of custom work done and a T56. that one is crazy too since he tracks it and drifts it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yea. For the most part I dont like a lot of the other car scenes. Theres a douche in every crowd. But when I see a clean setup like that blue quest, I can respect that.

I just get tired of hearing everyone tell me "put an ls into it, its the "fastest" motor for the money"

Bitch, please

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
heh, I just like the LSx style motors due to parts availability and aftermarket availability, however the good ol 350 Ci chevy or 351 fords are still cheaper then a new LSx to build, cause the recipe for horsepower is already out there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yea, the only thing I dont like about the chevy, ford, and even dodge V8's is that everyone already figured out what parts will net you what hp (to a degree) For the most part now, there isnt anyone doing a wild and crazy build that more or less hasnt been done before. I affectionately refer to them as "cookie cutter" builds. Unfortunately there isnt as much excitement, to me, to put together a motor like that, since there isnt much "unknowns" or discovery of what works.

Not to say I hate on people who build them, as there are quite a few beautiful builds out there that people put in time, money, and effort to look, and perform, well.

This is why I like the 2.4 platform, and its predecessor, the 2.2/2.5 8v. Half the parts are rare/NS1, the other half you have to make yourself. And seeing all the different intakes, exhausts, etc that people have made is cool. Ive been around v8s my whole life, and I rarely, if ever, see someone make a part for them, from scratch.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
heh, well I know the 4.8 LSx motor receives very little love, no proper piston selections for a 6.460 rod to bring quench down to where it should be without going custom piston. this also puts rods ratio at like 1.94:1 so it would be a happy high rev machine.

been wanting to build one and stuff an LS6 intake on it with some boost friendly cam and some boost to stuff into my starquest.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Why not just slap in a 6G72 3.0, a lot of 3.0 guys are making some great numbers on them. Supposedly once boosted, they claim upwards of 10 hp per lb boost, as a low figure. And those things are nearly bulletproof.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
meh I wanted a 4.8, the short stroke and higher RPM torque placement make it a prime candidate for a boosted build, especially with a high rod ratio, I've worked it out to like a 1.94:1 rod ratio with a 6.460 rod, but I need about another .010 on the piston compression height to make the quench fit right.

sides the 4.8 plotted out rather nicely on a pair of 7670 turbos, 3K all the way to 7500 at 15 PSi of course I might go the single route too, not sure yet. and I can get them cheaper from the junkyard then the 6G72TT out of a VR-4 like 400 versus almost 1000 cause of the tuner crowd.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
aaah that's the big difference, our u-pull doesn't have jack for those cars. usually if they hit the lot the employee's are already all over them taking the good stuff.

hence why you will never find a T56 trans in a u pull it here unless you are REALLY lucky.. or it's broken and smashed from impact.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
true, but tuner cars are well known here, same with old school muscle, if a supra hit the lot with a boosted 2JZ under the hood, you bet your ass an employee is gonna yank it and put it up on craigslist or ebay for a tidy profit

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yea, sometimes the lot does that too. They have set prices for 90% of the hard bits. Block, crank, longblock, head blah blah blah.

But if they find something they might be able to flip, they will pull it and put a huge markup on it. Like a diesel motor they pulled from a chevy truck and now have 3k on it. Good luck with that

41 - 56 of 56 Posts