Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the mopar short throw shifter from 2000 to 2002 neons will fit in the SRT-4? I know the tran is completely diffrnt- just a thought. I might test fit mine from my 2001 ACR this weekend- I'll letcha know.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
SRT-4 is not a short throw shifter, just feels a tad shorter due to the shorter height of the shift knob. There are currently no SRT-4 specific short throw's available. 2g short shifter will work, with an aftermarket knob

Brett

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Mopar dude said they're coming out with one. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
"The performance-enhanced design continues down on the floor where a new satin silver cue ball shift knob tops a short-throw shifter that is surrounded by a boot made of the same textured carbon-fiber-look leather as the steering wheel."

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/012scc_dodge/

"The shifter for the five-speed manual is a serious departure from other Neons we've driven. It's relatively short throw and very direct, "

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
"The performance-enhanced design continues down on the floor where a new satin silver cue ball shift knob tops a short-throw shifter that is surrounded by a boot made of the same textured carbon-fiber-look leather as the steering wheel."

"The shifter for the five-speed manual is a serious departure from other Neons we've driven. It's relatively short throw and very direct, "
Trust me this aint no short shifter. I could care less what DCX says.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
cali said:
lifeisdeath said:

Trust me this aint no short shifter. I could care less what DCX says.
yeah, POS is going in the garbage as soon as a real SS comes out

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx for the info Brett- you sound like you know what you're talkin about- I just got done with my stereo/amp install, so this weekend i'll try the short throw from mopar from my 2001 ACR- it's really smooth & short/direct-

anyone know what shifter knob would match the boot? (ie:carbon fiber look)

Lowering it also this weekend with the mopar autox springs. CAN'T WAIT!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well, its funny then that all of the magazines that test it mention the short shifter in it.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
well, its funny then that all of the magazines that test it mention the short shifter in it.
More like dumb ass idiots.
It isnt a short throw shifter and anyone who has driven a car equipped with short throw can attest to that :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have said since day one that the shifter didn't feel so short but everyone perked right up to correct me :!: Ahhh...vindication! :lol:

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I had an adjustable ss in my 01 Sentra SE, and the stock one in the SRT doesn't come close. Sometimes it feels like rowing a boat lol..........

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
I have said since day one that the shifter didn't feel so short
Same here.

It wouldn't have mattered if they tried to disagree w/ me, I know what a STS is, and this aint one!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
RedSRT4Me said:
lifeisdeath said:
Stop reading SCC :wink:
no you gotta tell him

NO magazine racing!!! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts