Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It says that the short shifter assembly for the srt-4 comes with bushings, but are they the same bushings that you sell in the other section on your site for the srt-4?

because Im buying mine this week guys... so lemme know.

EDIT -- and does the stock shift boot fit the new shifter?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome... so what about the bushings? Everyone always raves about booger bushings but shouldnt the ones that come with this assembly be fine?
Are the ones that come witht he assembly the same ones you sell by themselves?

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
SunDevilChriSRT said:
awesome... so what about the bushings? Everyone always raves about booger bushings but shouldnt the ones that come with this assembly be fine?

Thanks.

The aluminum bushings that come with the TWM shifter replace the factory rubber bushings that mount the base of the shifter assembly to the car for a more solid feel. You can still use booger bushings where the shifter cables terminate at the shifter and the transmission.

·
Registered
182 Posts
SunDevilChriSRT said:

Thanks.
Hi,

The aluminum bushings that come with the TWM Performance Short Shifter are the same that we sell in the bushing kits section of the website. We include them with the shifter so if you buy our short shifter, there is no need to add a bushing kit or purchase one separately. We offer the Bushing Kits separately because they are compatible with most other short shifters out there, so even if you didn't buy a TWM you can improve the stock shifter or another companies shifter by replacing the rubber bushings at the base of the assembly with our solid aluminum ones.

The booger bushings are not the same as the aluminum bushings we offer, they are installed on the shifter cables and not the assembly itself. Our shifter and bushings can be used with the booger bushings.

I hope I answered your questions, let me know if I can help more. Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-655-0540.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts