Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing with an adjustable bleed valve at the track thursday night. I was getting good boost 15-16lbs, and everything was working fine. I removed the bleeder and went back to stock for the last couple of runs to get a comparison.

I noticed on the way home (3rd, 4th, 5th gears) that I could only get about 10lbs max on the stock set-up.

I pulled the negative battery cable to reset the ECU, and everything went back to normal (12-14lbs).

Apparently the ECU will detect over-boost WITHOUT SHOWING AN ERROR OR CEL.

Just a heads up on this if you find yourself low on boost after running a bleed valve.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
yup...and actually its more like 8PSI.
Couple guys on here have experienced it :)

I've got yet to see any code or negative effects form boost increase, except too much speed :)

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
havent run into that on any of the cars ive touched...hmmm

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't imagine too many people pull the bleed off when not racing.

I'm probably one of the only ones.... :D

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I also am wondering how many different ECU maps have been released since the car went into production, it seems they are reacting differently to the same mods. . . .

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Hmm, time to run out to the car. . .

Feb 07 03 for mine, I assume you are talking about the sticker on the top of the ECU as viewed from above?

G

·
Chrysler sure does some weird stuff in the ECU, its totally different than any other manufacturer... same goes for the Viper too... what a strange beast.

Speed Density car that you can put a TON of mods on and never touch the fuel, etc. with...

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Mines Jan 03 also, should we be heading into the dealerships for a flash? Maybe fix that cold stumble?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.