Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
I go into boost in nuetral to,i boost about 7 to 10 psi.

I have K&N drop in filter & stage1,kinda wierd,huh?

joe r

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Your cold air intake is routed and uses damn near the exact same design as what I've done! Cool! Mine only dynoed a peak gain of 2.6 hp and 5.2 ft lbs over the stock box, but power over 5,000 rpms gained a decent amount. At 5700 rpm or so there was an additional 8-10 hp over the stock air box.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
nice man nice, thing looks nutty that dumped i love it. thanks for the vid

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
91CavGT said:
Your cold air intake is routed and uses damn near the exact same design as what I've done! Cool! Mine only dynoed a peak gain of 2.6 hp and 5.2 ft lbs over the stock box, but power over 5,000 rpms gained a decent amount. At 5700 rpm or so there was an additional 8-10 hp over the stock air box.
I just got sick of looking at the honkin plastic thing, so I took an old Honduh intake that I made, welded another elbow on, put it on, and stuck an old K&N filter. Gains werent really noticeable, but God did I miss that turbo whine!
Ditching the cat was like night and day, i want to dyno that, Im betting almost 20whp gain all over the place. I thought traction problems were bad stock!
You can see/hear me modulating the throttle int he drive-by pass. If not, Ill sit there and slow down with the tires up in smoke. Id do a vid of that, but at $150 a piece for those snow tires, maybe another time ;)
No problem, more vids to come! Were getting lots of snow this week, so maybe Ill have a few snow vids. Pitifull Ebrake slides :(
Maybe in 5 years Ill toss the engine in the back, mid-engine rwd style :) (wait till you see my G/F Jen and mines pair of M-E RWD del sols' this spring ;) )

21 - 28 of 28 Posts