Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have IPP cold air intake

looking to buy the iceman cold air, psi-fi cold air, or perrin coldair what are the ups and downs of these intakes?

im taking in consideration
-heatsoak :flame:
-performance :thumbsup:
-ease of fitment :thumbsup:
-best bang for buck :readclose

and who sells them for the cheapest, curious to see your opinions if you own them or have read about them i have been reading about all three of these all night

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Do a search in buy/sell and see which one has been RESOLD most. That shoudl give you a clear cut answer :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Honestly.. the best in design.. hands down.. the Iceman.. Plus $214 price.. This a "Performance CAI not a "Pretty CAI".. So if you want results not looks, get the Iceman..

·
Registered
549 Posts
SyVoL said:
Honestly.. the best in design.. hands down.. the Iceman.. Plus $214 price.. This a "Performance CAI not a "Pretty CAI".. So if you want results not looks, get the Iceman..
What he said. I'm also pretty sure the AGP would be a good bang for the buck intake. There may be an Iceman vs. AGP dyno results out here in AZ in the near future :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
CTI (Custom Tubes Inc)! Willy makes the best stuff IMO! Check him out, he's a vendor!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i haven't heard anythin about this replacement coming out anytime soon.... i was thinkin iceman to i loved it one my first gen, seems like best design

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would go with Iceman,,There on ebay for 215.00 an all the other vendor's
are selling it for ABOUT the same price. Good product.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm going with Injen based on simplicity, price and owner testimony.

My IPP caused me a few problems and I've tried PM's with no luck on fixing it. I did buy it used, but from someone who helped prototype the unit.

I don't think any of the intakes will heat soak. I'm looking for simplicity, not an exhaust system on the front of my car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
To Blacksheep,

The Iceman Intake P/N SRT4004 = Match stock turbo inlet.

The Iceman Intake P/N SRT4304 = Match 3" turbo Inlet.

The SRT4304 = Should only be used with the 3" turbo upgrade. If used on a stock turbo it will cause massive turbulance & bottlenecking.

Note: If you have already puchased an Iceman intake for the stock turbo configuration, you can purchase just the 3" upper duct portion of the intake for MSRP $49.00 when you deside to upgrade your turbo, but make sure you save your receipt, for proof of purhcase.

Hope this helped.

Iceman

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Iceman, will the 4004 Fit Stage III turbo?

·
Registered
4,527 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
cali said:
Iceman, will the 4004 Fit Stage III turbo?
Mopar Stage III? - Good question! But one that I can not answer at this time.

I can say this, the 4004 & 4304 inlet configuration can be modified .174 of an inch diameter larger to justify a slightly larger inlet, if required. The wall thickness of the Iceman Intake is .187 thick, it can be reduced to .100 wall thickness.

General Info: The SRT-4 Iceman CAI system is 34" long, this is shorter than most aftermarket under the hood (short ram) aluminum pipes.

Not sure if this answer helped.....sorry.

Iceman

·
Registered
565 Posts
Intake is Intake.....We're all just support each other by buying each other's stuff which is good but AEM does do wonders....its a proven fact with all cars!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts