Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my srt-4 checked out on the diagnostic. I have a hole in my intercooler. My blow off valve is leaving oil and i am also leaking from the cooler lines. Also they said i need a new turbo and that my clutch is gone. Dodge wants to rape me in prices to fix it. Should i buy a whole new turbo kit and a stage 3-4 clutch. and then have them install it. Or should I buy all the stock peices and let them install those. Right now my mods are as follows. Mopar stage 1
rfl bov
short shift(mopar)
block off plate
agp wastegate
aem intake
Any info helps

----the code that was displayed is P 0633

from looking on this site i see taht the code means..P0633-SKIM KEY NOT PROGRAMMED IN PCM.

What does this mean? where should i go from here. plz help

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
P0633-SKIM KEY NOT PROGRAMMED IN PCM = This is NOT a problem.
When you get a Stage 1 programmed from Flight systems it is done out of the car and the PCM can not learn the skim code.

1. The hole in your inter cooler is a big problem.
Replace you inter cooler with an aftermarket.

2. the oil leaking out of the rfl bov is normal if you do not have any catch can.
Get a catch can.

3. also leaking from the cooler lines.
Don't understand what your trying to say with this one.

4. they say you need a clutch.
Does your stock clutch slip - Drive 65-70 in 4th gear and floor it. Do the engine rpm rise without speeding up? If not then you most likely do not need a clutch.

5. New turbo???
Why is there any end play in the shaft. shut off the car, take off the intake pipe to the turbo. Try to wiggle the turbine.

Sounds like your dealer is trying to make some serious cash...

Fix one thing at a time. Start off with the Inter cooler.

good luck

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
RSchyns said:
When you get a Stage 1 programmed from Flight systems it is done out of the car and the PCM can not learn the skim code.

1. The hole in your inter cooler is a big problem.
Replace you inter cooler with an aftermarket.

2. the oil leaking out of the rfl bov is normal if you do not have any catch can.
Get a catch can.

3. also leaking from the cooler lines.
Don't understand what your trying to say with this one.

4. they say you need a clutch.
Does your stock clutch slip - Drive 65-70 in 4th gear and floor it. Do the engine rpm rise without speeding up? If not then you most likely do not need a clutch.

5. New turbo???
Why is there any end play in the shaft. shut off the car, take off the intake pipe to the turbo. Try to wiggle the turbine.

Sounds like your dealer is trying to make some serious cash...

Fix one thing at a time. Start off with the Inter cooler.

good luck
I think this man covered it all:thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
RSchyns said:

good luck
would this turn on the CEL? i just got my stage one in the mail and plan on sending it out to flight systems. i dont want my light on if thats the cause i guess ill get rapped by the dealer

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
tommyturboNJ said:
would this turn on the CEL? i just got my stage one in the mail and plan on sending it out to flight systems. i dont want my light on if thats the cause i guess ill get rapped by the dealer
Will not illuminate the CEL - but will show up when you scan, or check with the key on off 3 times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts