Dodge SRT Forum banner

Shipping SRT to Germany have questions.

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  NACHO BEER 
#1 ·
So I PCS to Vilseck in August for 3 years. My question is what all do they look at during the inspection to put your POV on the ship and has anyone had any problems?
Next question is how hard was it for you to pass the German vehicle inspection? Will they fail me for the stock exhaust (no mufflers). I have a basicly stock stage 2 2005 ACR. Only mods are CAI, CF hood,eyelids (taking off) and some dark tint that will be coming off before I arrive. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Don't know about Germany, but I had my SRT in Italy and as far as shipping goes, your tank can not be more than 1/4 of gas. Basic stock with the description you gave us, you should be ok. If you have any further question, contact the POS (Point of Shipping) for more info. There shouldn't be anything major, since Euro Spec vehicle are less smog regulated than ours in the state.

#6 ·
Hey man i had the same question when i got here.

If your dude doing the inspection is a dick like mine was and told me i was lying and that my exhaust is NOT stock (which it was) then you will have to file an ice comment with an excerpt from the factory service manual.

This last time i got inspected though i had no issues and I was bone stock with exception of a AEM Short Ram, Stage 1, and Big Front mount.

As long as you get the tint off JUST your front 2 windows you'll be golden. Also! I do have eyelids and they did NOT fail me for that.

#7 ·
I passed my last inspection in baumholder before ets'ing with a maxx fab single exit with a muffler. They should know by now what a stock exhaust looks like. My stock exhaust is floating somewhere around Germany.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.