Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just wondering if anyone is interested in replacing their shifter bushings with better ones.

They are called booger bushings made by a guy over at neons.org

They fit the SRT so no worries there.

now, I don't have a price yet, but the going rate is about 25-30

They are available in a few colors, black, red, blue and NYG to name a few.

anyone interested?

If their is interest I can direct him to this site to see it for himself then update everyone who is interested in buying them on this post.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
i'll be closing the Mount GB shortly would you like some assistance or a hostile take over ? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,124 Posts
notchy feeling

No.
I've got them on my 1st gen R/T, and they're FANTASTIC if you've got mushy shifting. They should help a little bit on ours, but not too much, since it's already pretty firm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
The main problem I have is when shifting from 1st to 2nd it slips out of gear when it feels like it should be in gear. I was wondering if it would fix this problem. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Grunge said:
The main problem I have is when shifting from 1st to 2nd it slips out of gear when it feels like it should be in gear. I was wondering if it would fix this problem. Thanks.
No it won't, that happens in all gears at a set speed and RPM.

As for missing 2nd, I think that is operator error aswell :wink:

I heel-toe downshift every corner no problem, its just the gate.

If the mounts make the shifting firmer than it is, man I would be up for it hehe.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
ask Second Chance how his shifts are after the mounts :wink: :roll: :twisted:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
It's not operator error because several other people I've talked to do the same thing. At a certain speed, while upshifting or downshifting, it locks out second gear and you can't force it into the gear. I'm hoping it loosens up. I'll talk to Second Chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
As someone who doesn't yet have an SRT I can't speak from experience, but it sounds like you should still be able to shift there if you double clutch it. Sometimes the synchro's can make shifting a real pita depending on how the transmission is setup. Btw, if anyway wants to know more about shifting and driving techniques, check out http://www.turnfast.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,843 Posts
the only time the gate gives me problems is downshifting into 2nd and thats only if i dont have the clutch ALL the way down.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
RedSRT4Me said:
Hey folks, just wondering if anyone is interested in replacing their shifter bushings with better ones.

They are called booger bushings made by a guy over at neons.org

They fit the SRT so no worries there.

now, I don't have a price yet, but the going rate is about 25-30

They are available in a few colors, black, red, blue and NYG to name a few.

anyone interested?

If their is interest I can direct him to this site to see it for himself then update everyone who is interested in buying them on this post.
come on Don, you need help or not?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
gonna get this Gb wrapped up and then i'll start the next...sound fair?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
ZXguy said:
As someone who doesn't yet have an SRT I can't speak from experience, but it sounds like you should still be able to shift there if you double clutch it. Sometimes the synchro's can make shifting a real pita depending on how the transmission is setup. Btw, if anyway wants to know more about shifting and driving techniques, check out http://www.turnfast.com
Yup, I was able to do what you were talking about don't know how though. Double clutching it frees it up fine.

When ever I downsift to 2nd I'm heel-toe'ing so I hold the clutch all the way down.

Come to think of it, I might try double clutching while I shift to 2nd from a launch, may eat time but should stop the spinning :wink:

*Edit

Just an idea, maybe your pressing against the gate?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
Vanilla_Coke
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing
Top