Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2005 I bought a brand new silver SRT4 off the showroom floor. Traded in my 1999 Dakota R/T. Added standard blow off valve, new coil overs , cold air intake and window vent covers. Drove the car for 2 years and sold it back to the dealer in 2007 due to financial reasons. That was the last time I seen the car but sure though about it alot over the years. Iv had dozens of cool Cars since but none ever filled the void. After having a almost fatal stroke in 2016 I decided to start enjoying the little things more so iv been looking for a clean SRT4 off and on now since. I decided to post a wanted add on Facebook marketplace looking for a clean SRT4. I posted a picture of my old car in the add. 15 min late I got a message for this 19 year old kid saying his friend has an SRT4 that he was thinking about selling and it was the same color as the picture I posted. After getting the contract info the owner sent me some pictures and I was happy to see how clean the car was. I drove an hour and a half to go look at the car and made an offer immediately. As I was walking around the car I said to myself this really reminds me of my old car. The next day while on my way home I stopped at the dealer I bought mine from and asked if they kept details of sales from 2005. After providing the last 8 of the vin number, I had a moment in the showroom when they said they were the original sales location and the guys name was mine ! There was even a note about selling it back and the fact it had the original air box in a box in the trunk of the car and the AEM cold air had been removed by the dealer before it could be resold. I can't believe that the car hasn't changed since I had it and it was my old car.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
wow, thats awesome! never let that car go!

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Nice story/good looking car...

·
Super Moderator
15,689 Posts
Wow, that's insane...

There are dozens, perhaps even hundreds over the years, of people who came back to the forums to look for their old car.

There are only a couple I've ever seen that actually found them.

Congrats!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts