Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ive boost leak tested and boost leak tested and boost leak tested. i have one small boost leak from the stock surge valve that i cant get rid of. My mods are Stage 2w/ toys (missing the toys), 3inch dp with cutout open, ptp wga (19/15), and a few other things that dont matter (mounts, msd wires, etc). My problem is that i spike to 19 sharply, then the boost gauge needle just shakes violently between 14-19. I thought it was jsut some bad leaks, but i fixed almost all of them and its still the same. Could this be a bad turbo? Bad compressor surging? Any ideas would be awesome, this car is driving me crazy.
p.s. this is all in a 99 neon r/t with a 3.94 tranny.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
if u have the stock boost guage they tend to do that my stock boost guage did that spiking 18 shaking around 15-14psi.. then i changed it to an autometer 30/30 that i had and no more shaking.. so yea stock boost guages are a POS

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have the stock boost gauge but i do have a faze boost gauge. it seems to be pretty shitty. but when the car is off, the needle just sits at zero? i thought the stock gauges would fall below or above zero when the car was off (aka broken gauge)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts