Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YOu can have 1out of the following 2 options with your dual stage EBC and dual stage MBC.

1. Lowboost at launch then highboost after your going.(less tire spin).

2. Holding set boost up to red line.

Many of you are using your boost controllers with the scamble boost feature. For this discussion purposes, I will call the turbo xs switch on the manual boost controller the scamble boost.

Option 1:

WHen you launch out of the hole, you have your boost controllers set at a low boost so you dont spin tires like a mad man. Then at about mid rpm of 2gear you hit your scramble boost and raise the boost up to say 15-16lbs.

The problem you run into after that is that you will not hold boost up to red line. It will bleed down to about 13psi or so.

Option 2.

You set to positions on yoru car. Say 15psi for one and 20 psi for the other. Now when you hit 4k rpm, the boost starts to drop, so you hit the scrable boost feature and the BC will then go to a 20 psi setting which is what is needed to maintain the 15psi above redline.

NOTE: I dont know what to set your upper boost setting to, im just giving you an example.

So there you go. YOu hae two options to play with. If you want both options, you will need to get a stiffer wastegate arm and get a surge valve plate.

The Profect-e01 does both options. YOu set the boost to a low setting. After 2gear you hit the scrable boost setting so it raises teh boost to 15psi. Then the rpm offset kickd in after 4k RPM. It starts to open the solenoid so you do not drop boost.

For those that are using slicks at the track, I suggest you use the option where you hold boost because the slicks hold very well.

For those who who want a street setup, get the stiffer wastegate arm and block off your surge valve.

I suggest that you guys go with some type of dual stage BC at the minimum. If yoru on a budget, I suggest the TXS dual stage one but set it up to hold boost instead of the low boost 1gear feature. Then you can race from a role with no problem.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO I cant because i have to install it in my car first. :)

If i recall, that infered switch has 2 setting son it. YOu can run a NOS from that switch also. Ill order us two tomorrow so i can see what the features are on it. Once I figure out the settings, ill ship it to ya.

Hec

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
How about a pic of that spring you rigged on the wastegate arm? I only have a regular mbc.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ok, I'll do a quick explanation of how i have mine set up, So i launch at 8psi once i get to 15 mph 1/2 way into first gear or so at 8psi it would feel slow. So i added another boost level to 12 to finish off first gear, then at 30 mph I would switch to full boost and boost 15-16.

I still havn't messed with my scramble boost to allow me to up boost when it gets closer to redline so it doesn't seem like it drops as much. But i think i'm gonna try and get an 8lb spring for my wastegate.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
stevessrt said:
How about a pic of that spring you rigged on the wastegate arm? I only have a regular mbc.
Sure. Ill see if i post some pics up tonight.
Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I recall, the blitz unit has 3 settings on it. If you can cycle between the three by pressing the buttons, then you to my friend can be a happy camper.

It would be ince i fyou could hit a switch and go from one boost to the other. Then hit scrable boost.

I ahve to test the blitz unit some more so i can come up with a good setting for you.

Ill show you my spring stiftening idea that seams to work. I had it set to where stock boost would noe be 7psi. And boost will hold up to 4300 rpm before it would start to drop unlike 4k rpm. So if you stiffen it up it should hold a little higher.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.