Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wondering what will need to be done to achieve a safe holding boost limit of around 25 psi??

question 2: Im thinking of ordering an agp turbo kit? any good? also looking to achieve an over hp of around 450. i need to know what motor work will be needed to be running safely on stock internals? all i need is motor upgrades ill need to run safely without fear of blowing internals etc. maybe should i stick with 400?? i dont want to get into doing pistons, and cranks etc. so a list of everything ill need would be great. im fully stock right now, i do have a perrin turbo back exhaust in my garage. thats it. i was thinking clutch/flywheel, motor/tranny mounts/cai/wastegate (dont know how big i should go???)/bov/bigger fmic/hard pipe kits/fuel pump/plugs/wires/ignition/ im really tired cant think of what else. i know a boost controller a/f controller etc. like i said motor is what i need to know. please help me out

·
Registered
457 Posts
agp stage 4 kit. the 50 trim kit will give you 400hp at least on pump gas. www.agpturbo.com

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Well let's see...for starters I wish you the best of luck holding 25psi on the stock turbo, because it just won't happen. You may be able to spike 25 on a good day and drop it down to 19ish on a ported manifold/turbo setup but that seems to be about the limit to the stocker. AGP makes some pretty decent stuff, fairly easy to get up in the 380-400 range. Anything more than that will most likely require some good headwork and cams/springs/retainers/etc. Can get pricy in a hurry! If you wanna stick with a stock style turbo setup you can hit up realtune or fully built here on the forums as these guys are doing external gated setups on the stock turbo and you can also purchase a ported/clipped stock turbo from a few companies on here that can get you in the 350-400 range with supporting mods. No matter what you do, you will need to add a lot more fuel and you will NEED to be able to monitor it with the right gauges i.e. a non stock boost gauge, a wideband, and most likely a scan gauge. If you've got some cash lyin around and aren't really into fine tuning you can always purchase a stage3 setup and make 350-400 as well and it's all plug n play no tuning necessary. Take a look around the forums a little more and there are several different ways to make power safely, how to monitor it, how to put it to the ground, and how to have a good time :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts