Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Forum Moderator, 2011 Calendar Car
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay i have an 05 srt4 with around 45k on it... earlier today the car started up just fine and drove just fine, i went home to change my oil and fix my IC piping. i did that started it up and it sounded as if it was all cammed up and wanted to stall it shot white smoke out the exhaust. i dont know what happened but i never had this problem before. could it be that the piston tapped a valve??

my mods are

AEM SRI, mannyz upp w/ greddy rs, alky/water injection, dcr oil mod, 3" o2 housing, 3" maxfabb dp, 3" greddy evo2 exhaust, quickwhips bfmic,dcr ported intake mani/tb and spacer, DASmopar mapclamp, S2 injectors and slowboy wga 18.5psi..

please someone help :eeeek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
re.

Did you use the same weight oil you normally use? and unless you have a loose rod bolt or broken rod bearing your piston wouldnt contact your valve because your timing belt has that under control.. the problem is ; white smoke isnt oil burning... its coolant or water. have you ran the vehicle since this happened and is it still doing it? when did you install the dcr oil mod?

·
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did the oil mod last week and havnt had a problem til today.. i havnt ran the car since this happened (just happened about an hour ago) my buddy said since there was the white puff of smoke that maybe i have a bad head gasket..

·
Registered
26 Posts
yea your buddy might be right... unfortunately.. but its odd that it would just "happen" especially on a start-up and not under heavy load. well what i recommend is to get..or go to a shop that has a co2 detector, its a device that mounts where your radiator cap goes and while the car is running it "sniffs" the amount of Co2 thats in the radiator fluid. the fluid in the device will change colors. cheap and easy way to be sure if its a head gasket or not... check the oil too, if its milky, then all bad. these head gasket are pretty strong tho.. im at 76k miles on 20 psi and no probs yet...knock on wood.

·
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just ran a comp test and all came back good.. car is running fine now.. im thinking maybe its something with the oil pump, im getting my buddies oil pressure gauge and chekcing the pressure

·
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i forgot to mention that the oil is fresh as of today, and the old oil that came out was perfectly fine too.. i change my oil ever 2000-2500 miles

·
Registered
26 Posts
well thats good news for you :clap: ... but that IS a very weird thing that occurred if i were you i would spend some money on an oil pressure gauge so you can monitor if anything ever goes bad. its like predicting a heart attack right before it happens. I wouldnt trust the stock dummy light.. might as well mean "get a new engine dummy" since it takes 2 seconds on ZERO oil pressure to go off.. not much but sometimes enough to damage stuff

·
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i think im gonna get the DCR oil system just to be safe.. im getting that gauge tmw btw

·
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok.. i just started it up and its isnt just a little bit of smoke its a good bit coming out the exhaust, the color is white

·
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but why would that cause the car to sound like it had BC stage 3 cams?

·
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so i figured out what it was, the water/alky kit was leaking fluid into the coldside pipe and it was causing it to do all of this..

·
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tell me about it.. i think i had 5 heart attacks yesterday over this lol.. im calling the maker of the kit today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts