Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a thought, but I don't really think it matters if they can produce a key to run the car or not. You'd have to be a pretty stupid thief to steal a car and then drive it/sell it anywhere close. When you consider the effort required to move and sell the car, it's just not realistic.

In other words, the people out there taking cars on flatbeds are taking them to strip them. Because of this, it's safe to say the SRT-4 isn't a huge target--this is why you see people stealing cars like Civics left and right instead of more expensive cars. It's easy to move the parts.

The bottom line is that, outside of a garage, nothing is going to keep a "pro" from stealing your car. If they can physically flat bed your car, they can steal it. Alarms, lighted parking spots, et cetera are just good theft deturents--if they have to jump through a bunch of hoops to take your car, you've got a good chance of them moving on and taking an easier ride down the block.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I use stuff from www.bypasskit.com all the time for my remote start bizz. No, you don't need a key to use the bypass but you DO BOTH keys for programming. As far as the door locks and alarm interface, it's just communicating via the databus wire on the OB2 port. Since the SRT4 isn't set up like the new lines from DCX, you won't see any sort of databus interface like that listed above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you erase keys off your skim? To add more if you have lost your keys or have bought a neon that only came with one and max slots have been filled on yoir skim

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Can you erase keys off your skim? To add more if you have lost your keys or have bought a neon that only came with one and max slots have been filled on yoir skim
You need a J2532 passthrough, but It can be done. Also, there are several R/R services on the internet that can delete the skim information if you send them your computer.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts