Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this got into the right place here.
I'm looking to sell my red 03' it has a bad trans and I can't afford to fix it. It has intake and exhaust, short shifter, 18" wheels, fuel return and probably some other little things. (265 dyno) It's got 170K and is fair for the year and miles other than a torn bolster on the driver side seat. The clutch was having 3rd pop out but now it rolls a bit in gear and is a total pain to get into gear though rev matching helps a tiny bit. When I say it's difficult to shift I mean it takes four tries to get it to go but it can still move on its own.
I like the car and have had it for probably 4-5 years but have been into the trans twice already and even put in a 450hp clutch two years ago.
So given the condition of the drive train and such how much is a fair price when someone else will have to take on the problems? And where is the best place to advertise it?
My plan is to get a GT Cruiser because I need space to haul goods across town on a monthly basis. I've been using a car top carrier for extra space but that gets old.
Thanks for your help guys!

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Your best bet is probably to advertise it somewhere more locally. (facebook marketplace, craigslist, etc. )

As for how much it's worth... thats very hard for us to help you with. I dont know what these cars are going for in your area and with the condition that yours is in. The problems your having could be an easy fix for someone with a bit of money and knowledge.

unfortunately the value on these cars has steadliy dropped and i wouldnt be surprised if you struggle to get more that 3-4 thousand for the car.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hope this got into the right place here.
I'm looking to sell my red 03' it has a bad trans and I can't afford to fix it. It has intake and exhaust, short shifter, 18" wheels, fuel return and probably some other little things. (265 dyno) It's got 170K and is fair for the year and miles other than a torn bolster on the driver side seat. The clutch was having 3rd pop out but now it rolls a bit in gear and is a total pain to get into gear though rev matching helps a tiny bit. When I say it's difficult to shift I mean it takes four tries to get it to go but it can still move on its own.
I like the car and have had it for probably 4-5 years but have been into the trans twice already and even put in a 450hp clutch two years ago.
So given the condition of the drive train and such how much is a fair price when someone else will have to take on the problems? And where is the best place to advertise it?
My plan is to get a GT Cruiser because I need space to haul goods across town on a monthly basis. I've been using a car top carrier for extra space but that gets old.
Thanks for your help guys!
i'd ask 2500 and take 2000
rebuilt trans is going to run 1000 (more depending on condition)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies I was really hoping for a solid "Sure you should be able to get $3000." But I guess I'm just wishful. Anyone else that wants to give their opinion please do it can only help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The deed is done and the Neon drove down the road without me. :frown: I asked $3500 and got a couple text saying nothing more than "$2500?" I gave a polite "No." because if you're going to screw me at least lets have a relationship first? In the end I did sell it for the $2500 but the guy was 130 miles away and asked for pictures + we went back and forth about 6 times. I guess some think they are just selling a car but I felt like I was giving away a family member so I'd like to know something about them. (He had a Neon before and missed it)
So I am sad but it was all the market would bear and I made him bring me a bottle of whiskey as part of the deal so at least when I wake up it won't hurt as bad eh'?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
The deed is done and the Neon drove down the road without me. :frown: I asked $3500 and got a couple text saying nothing more than "$2500?" I gave a polite "No." because if you're going to screw me at least lets have a relationship first? In the end I did sell it for the $2500 but the guy was 130 miles away and asked for pictures + we went back and forth about 6 times. I guess some think they are just selling a car but I felt like I was giving away a family member so I'd like to know something about them. (He had a Neon before and missed it)
So I am sad but it was all the market would bear and I made him bring me a bottle of whiskey as part of the deal so at least when I wake up it won't hurt as bad eh'?
I'll pour some trans fluid out for you next time i do a flush...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts