Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
04 Silver SRT4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals) I see there’s not as much activity in this site as there once was but I am in search of all the knowledge on these cars I can find. So I find myself here, among many other pages and such dedicated to the SRT4 platform. I am very interested in self tuning, or a “standalone” system. I would like 100% control of my engine at any time to make changes, rather than send files off and wait. Mainly interested in something plug and play. (I realize it’s absolutely not that simple, but wiring wise) What has the most user friendly tables and interfaces? Before you start telling me it’s not for novices and it’s very complicated I am well aware. My car runs a DCR twin kit on 18psi making roughly 400 and I’m in the process of putting together a new stronger engine for whenever something goes south with this one. Any input is appreciate sorry for the lengthy post 😂

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey guys (and gals) I see there’s not as much activity in this site as there once was but I am in search of all the knowledge on these cars I can find. So I find myself here, among many other pages and such dedicated to the SRT4 platform. I am very interested in self tuning, or a “standalone” system. I would like 100% control of my engine at any time to make changes, rather than send files off and wait. Mainly interested in something plug and play. (I realize it’s absolutely not that simple, but wiring wise) What has the most user friendly tables and interfaces? Before you start telling me it’s not for novices and it’s very complicated I am well aware. My car runs a DCR twin kit on 18psi making roughly 400 and I’m in the process of putting together a new stronger engine for whenever something goes south with this one. Any input is appreciate sorry for the lengthy post 😂
Do you have a diablosport tuner now?

·
Registered
04 Silver SRT4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a diablosport tuner now?
No I don’t. It’s been dyno tuned on the current setup. I have experience using the SCT handheld and doing mail tunes with mustangs. I want more control

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
hptuners allows access to everything.. but i still use my i2 for logging

·
Registered
04 Silver SRT4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hptuners allows access to everything.. but i still use my i2 for logging
So I can adjust fuel, timing etc with HPtuners? I was under the impression that it was just like SCT or DSP where you need their tuners support via email to make any serious changes

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
So I can adjust fuel, timing etc with HPtuners? I was under the impression that it was just like SCT or DSP where you need their tuners support via email to make any serious changes
Everything
Download software for free

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hi everyone. Sorry, I am new to tuning stuff, what does diablosport tuner is? Thanks
Allows you to load a tune from a tuner like duster, rescale etc
Also, you can make minor changes like, fan temperatures, and some spark fuel mods

·
Registered
53 Posts
Everything
Download software for free
So for $300 I can get the MPVI2 which comes with the VCM editor and scanner, then all I would need is to buy Dodge credits and unlock the PCM. Then I would be able to control most of, if not everything? Is there anything that HP Tuners can't?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
So for $300 I can get the MPVI2 which comes with the VCM editor and scanner, then all I would need is to buy Dodge credits and unlock the PCM. Then I would be able to control most of, if not everything? Is there anything that HP Tuners can't?
Yes, I do fuel, scale and spark...
I still use my i2 for logging my analog wbo2 aem

·
Registered
04 Silver SRT4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I do fuel, scale and spark...
I still use my i2 for logging my analog wbo2 aem
So something like this..

And some software and a laptop is all I should need? I suppose a ‘credit’ means a vehicle it can be paired to for tuning? These piggy back systems are very confusing lol

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
So something like this..

And some software and a laptop is all I should need? I suppose a ‘credit’ means a vehicle it can be paired to for tuning? These piggy back systems are very confusing lol
Hp is not a piggy back, allows table modifications to the factory pcm
Need 2 credits, $50/ea, per pcm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts