Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys. I'm researching CAI and Short Ram systems for my ride. I'm currently looking at the 3 systems offered by JMB Performance. They seem to have some really good stuff and their coating treatment is about the best I've seen. Please post here with your reviews of JMB products so I can see how everyone else likes them

I'm specifically looking for CAI reviews. Maybe some dyno numbers? I would like to compare JMB CAI to some of the others and see how they stand up.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
His stuff is hand made and hand fitted on his own car.

His car is literally torn down and fitted for almost everything he does.

I know for a fact his CAI are handfitted. I sat there and watched him build em all the while helping a guy out on the phone.

As far as power goes I noticed a seat of the pants increase and the 3" cai turbo sound is awsome.

The powdercoating is very nice as well My two stage blue looks like its wet even after 10k miles.

He's a good guy as well and will walk you through something or just to provide asssurance if you need it while installing something.

I use to soley make the injector covers you see here in my sig but I couldnt keep up with demand. He was the only guy I trusted to partner with in making just the covers.

You'll be happy with whatever you get from him, Id almost garuntee it.

Theres a review from another srtforums member is the review forum. The socal guys and gals really like his stuff as well.

He just got married too so tell him "Way to go!" if ya talk to him.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
werd. Justin stuff is the shit!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just did busniess with him on aa cai and trans cover and although I haven't recieved the products yet because I just ordered them, I was very please with the customer service. Seems like a great guy.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Justin is THE BEST. Period. I got the 3" Ultimate CAI system, & it's sweet. The craftsmanship is excelent & he provides EVERYTHING you could possibly need for a perfect install. I needed my CAI by a certain day & he went to multiple shipping locations to find the lowest overnight shipping for me, what other vendor would do that? He even contacted me when he was on his bachelor party weekend because I had an install question. He is a GREAT guy to deal with & will answer any questions you have no matter what. I HIGHLY recommend him, his products are great, & man when that turbo spools, this thing sounds like a fighter jet. :wah?!:

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
The Ulitmate CAI looks very nice and looks like air would flow much better. I wish someone would do a Dyno and compare it to stock.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I recently ordered the 3" Ultimate Intake with all the goodies, cold side Intercooler Pipe with greddy Flange and his catch can. Amazing quality, great customer service and technical support, and his custom hand made parts make for an easy install.

He can also custom make your intake with any options that you may want.

I will be posting a full review of my parts as soon as I get some spare time.

You can't go wrong dealing with Justin. :clap:

·
Registered
130 Posts
noTe said:
The Ulitmate CAI looks very nice and looks like air would flow much better. I wish someone would do a Dyno and compare it to stock.

Trust me it's SWEET, I can run it as hard as I want, then pop the hood & grab the CAI right next to the turbo, & it's not even warm. Try THAT with any other metal CAI. The design of keeping it away from the engine, by running it over the battery is great for massive airflow.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
ticalthepimp said:
Trust me it's SWEET, I can run it as hard as I want, then pop the hood & grab the CAI right next to the turbo, & it's not even warm. Try THAT with any other metal CAI. The design of keeping it away from the engine, by running it over the battery is great for massive airflow.
I'm undecided between this CAI and PSI-Fi's.

I'm just don't know if there are any disadavantages or advantages to having a smaller battery.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
noTe said:
I'm undecided between this CAI and PSI-Fi's.

I'm just don't know if there are any disadavantages or advantages to having a smaller battery.

I've done the research for you on that one. The battery that Justin is using is fine and will work well. No disadvantages that I see. If 650 CCA isn't enough to turn over our little SRTs, then we need to start removing stuff. From what I've seen on the battery he uses, I'm SOOO sold on this thing. My only question now is: water injestion. I've heard horror stories about *cough* Hondas *cough* (I hate that word) blowing stuff up due to water injestion. Anyone care to elaborate on the underside of our car. I've only been under the car once to remove the bumper cover when installing my grill and never paid attention. Is the CAI filter area totally enclosed so that water can't even get to the filter? If so, I'm going full bore and buying the best CAI I've seen so far ... JMB. =) Thanks for all the imput, and I apologize to the moderators for posting this in the wrong forum.

:yourock:

P.S. My SRT is black. Since Justin seem to be the lucky one to get paid to pimp out my motor with his pretty colors ... anyone care to share suggestions for my color under the hood? I was thinking "bright red" I think he calls it. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks again, guys.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, he uses a 9" K&N filter with his ultimate intake (at least on his car, it might be a 6" that he sells) In order for you to start injesting water, (and this is with ANY CAR) you have to COMPLETLY submerge the filter, and air is less dense then water and will still get sucked up through the dry part before the water? Or something like that ... If nothing else, have him fab up a cover plate like they still with the new AEM's ... lord knows the man has the skills!

As far as the battery. The CCA's are the same. The only problem that I remember him mentioning is that it's got no reserve hardly at all. So don't forget to turn your lights off, or sit in your car without the radio runnin', cause if you do, you'll be calling AAA :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
When you order your CAI, Justin offers several options for you, & 1 of them is at what height do you want the filter to sit. Like was posted earlier in this thread, he hand makes EVERY piece, so when I ordered, I asked him the pro's & con's of each filter placement & then made my decision based on his recommendations. I went with the 6" filter to add to my piece of mind, of not ingesting any water & am VERY happy with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts