Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So it's almost about that time! I've saved up an extra $3k this summer to throw down on a new or used SRT and I'll add on top of that whatever I get for my current Neon (hopefully $7/8k?). I'm a sophomore in college so the lower the payments the better so I have been looking at used SRTs, maybe around the 16 or 17 thousand price range. I'm just curious... is any responsible SRT owner selling their non-abused SRT or planning on selling one in the near future? I'm really looking for any color, sun-roof a plus. Viper seats are a must. The less modded the better, but mods not minded. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
03? 04?
there is a yellow 03 in raynham at a saturn dealer with like 9xxx on it...not sure how much they want...how many miles u lookin for? i'll give u a deal on mine so i can get an orange one...lol 19k? got 17k on it already! ouch

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preferably an 04 for the limited slip and power boost... and hopefully a sunroof. Mileage isn't a big deal, as long as it's low. I don't want something with over 20k already, but the higher the mileage the lower the cost so it's a trade off. Yellow is actually the only color I'm not crazy about... I love it and I hate it. Bruins, if you were actually interested in selling your car, I might actually be interested in buying it. I'm a huge fan of your car, it was my background for a couple months. Your car would be worth the extra dollars, and I can promise you it'd be going to a good home. :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Glad to see you kept to it.... I remember the last posts about saving up.

You deff deserve it. Good luck... Hope to see you beat me by 6 cars soon! LOL

k3v

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Graphite. I've given it a lot of thought and I think it will be good for me. I love driving, especially to relieve stress, and there's going to be a lot of that the next three years. I need my dream car... and a lot of speed... to relieve that stress. I figure if I only need to take out a loan for 6000 or so my payments will be around $120, which is nothing. My parents are doing tax, title, and reg as my only Christmas present, but it'll be well worth it. And if ever do end up taking you by six cars, just know that your car would probably rape my current SE by far more then that...

·
War Stories Moderator
838 Posts
I work at a Dodge dealer in Nashua Nh. I have a used 03 on the lot with 12k miles on it and no mods. 15900. I have several 04's on the lot, and if you want to be the first on here with an 05, I have 2.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ducati, now we're talking... what color is the 03? That's right in my price range. The only thing I'm really worried about buying a used one is how the car was treated. I know how important the break in period is on high performance cars, especially turbo ones so I don't want anything that was just beaten and then sold... Since you have a couple 05s in, what kind of deal (if any) could you get me on the 04's on the lot? djgainsbond, I would be interested in your car but I can't live without Viper seats... sorry. My undieing love for the comfort of the viper seats is one of the reasons I decided to purchase an SRT-4 instead of turbocharging my SE... that and the most amazing exhaust note I've ever heard...

·
Registered
137 Posts
my 2004 with 6k miles is for sale, i have rotated the tires and changed the engine oil every 2k miles, car is in showroom condition. The only modifications are mopar BOV, K+N Typhoon, tinted windows, clear corners silvania silverstar headlights and turn signals. I love the car but with my job it is not practical, I often have to deliver/pick up used auto parts and kinda need a truck again... I owe 19,400 on the car however I am willing to take a bit of a loss and just pay off the remainder due...i have only owned the car since May 27th, it was broken in properly and has been to the race track a few times and autocrossed 1 time. I am 25 years old and have a heavily modified 1st gen which i play with at the race track on a regular basis, since the srt-4 is my daily driver I try to take really good care of it.

·
War Stories Moderator
838 Posts
Hey, been on vacation and have not seen this. The 03 is yellow and was owned by an older guy. We got it as used, it was a car used at some of the auto shows and came in with 3k on it when there were not too many srt's around. The guy got rid of it because of the seat, he was very large. He put 9k on it in 10 mos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts