Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
translation: get fuct coleman.

this forum is so dam good in so dam many ways, but attitudes like this are quite bothersome. all may not be practical when doing background checks and things, but some effort is much better than none.

j.r.:king:

·
Registered
349 Posts
ekool said:
I'm pretty much done with this subject, but I'm going to make one final point:

The users have access to the same exact tools we have access too. If its easy for the admin team to do it, its easy for the users to do it. A vendor may screw someone else over, while being an angel to another user. It is up to the USER to make their purchasing decision, NOT US.

Use the vendor review section.

Take responsibility for your own actions or inactions. The administration team will NOT be stepping in on these matters, the buyer needs to do their own research and spend their hard earned money with a vendor that they feel comfortable with.

This is my last post on the subject.
You have made your point. Now let me make mine.

1) The users DO NOT have the same tools as Admins have. First of all as a PHPBB admin you are likely root. As root you can add/delete append and YES delete peoples threads. a normal user CANNOT do that.

2) In addition you are free to add whatever content you wish. As users we can post up and cannot post "anything we wish" - we are limited.

Having said that, you likely participate with vendors/sellers and get paid for advertising. Its a symbiotically parasitic relationship I suppose - you get paid , an add goes up, they attempt to whore sales from us . Its the nature of business.
HOWEVER, in the success of your site, and the sucess of business for your vendors, this situation has hurt you and the vendors attempting to sell their wares. Why? Here goes...

This situation which is now well publicized across multiple boards( not just this one) has made ALL the buyers extremely wary of buying anything on this site.
Also the sellers now are extremely squemish about dealing with customers. This leads to a nightmare situation. This then causes sellers to back off this site because no sales are being made where by no sponsors, ie no money to upgrade the site.
It is a cyclically screwed chain reaction situation.

This unfortunate Dynoworks situation is a fiasco of epic proportions for every one.Bottom line - NO ONE WINS.

I concur with the other members that it was incumbent upon YOU to have screened your sellers/vendors, and while the almighty "short-term" dollar seemed really good and in return a couple of java-script banners went up in return, this cannot be good based on the threads here for the LONG TERM.

I implore you to have sympathy for those that have lost an excess in some cases of $15K. I also implore you to be a responsible admin ( I realize you have a lot of responsibility , but you have a lot of power as well). The threads about customer concerns I believe should supercede sellers/vendors asking you to delete threads. After all your user community is what makes your site. If no one visits and buys.... there is no site - no matter how good it "appears" to be.

The site will likely be around,

but our money and time spent telling our friends about this site may not be..and especially in the world of tuner car scene.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
kingj07 said:
translation: get fuct coleman.

this forum is so dam good in so dam many ways, but attitudes like this are quite bothersome. all may not be practical when doing background checks and things, but some effort is much better than none.

j.r.:king:
John doesn't need you to translate for him.
shhhhh adults are talking.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
ekool said:
I'm pretty much done with this subject, but I'm going to make one final point:

The users have access to the same exact tools we have access too. If its easy for the admin team to do it, its easy for the users to do it. A vendor may screw someone else over, while being an angel to another user. It is up to the USER to make their purchasing decision, NOT US.

Use the vendor review section.

Take responsibility for your own actions or inactions. The administration team will NOT be stepping in on these matters, the buyer needs to do their own research and spend their hard earned money with a vendor that they feel comfortable with.

This is my last post on the subject.
I understand that argument and agree with it. Users should use some common sense and they are responible. I have never brought anything from dyno works because of the fiasco from way back. I remember a couple of months ago people were having trouble getting dogbones and dave had taken their name and money at the UMD meet. That rasied a red flag for me and I decided this guy was a bad vendor. Despite a lot of people sticking up for him and saying "just be patient dave's a good guy" To me it was common sense to stay away from that guy and I believe it should have been for everyone else. In that regard you are 100% correct.

My point is it would be benificial too not only the members but the integrity of the site as well to investigate a vender a lil more and maybe shoot them a PM if they start slipping. Let's say Exhaust depot starts taking months to ship parts and not answering the phone. You can do a background check on hector and it will probaly come up clean. He has had nothing but good feed back the great majority of his transactions. If he gets a crack habbit and starts taking people's money and not sending their stuff it will no doubt be a shock to everyone. People of course can take legal action, call their credit card company, ect. I'm saying maybe fire off a PM to him saying hey man what's going on why are you talking so long to ship these products. Your one PM would carry more weight than a thousand from me or another member. It would carry more weight than if 100 of us stopped shopping there. Exhaust depot like othere vendors sells too more than just the srt crowd. But a PM stating the the owner of the site( or admin) is not happy with his actions would cause a vendor to consider getting in line or risk the possiblity of his account being yanked. In that regard admins have more power/tools than a regular user.

It would help the site as well as other vendors. People are going to be very scared to buy from vendors on this site now and it will hurt profits of other good vendors. The guy has a rap sheet very long including wife abuse. Having a person like that as a vendor gives the forum a black eye.

All in all it is your site and you can run it anyway you see fit. You incure all the cost and maintain it. You are the judge, jury and executioner. you don't have to do shit you don't want to do. All we can do is ask. That's what my post was about. You have a great talent in castrol the infomation he can find and connections he has drawf anything the rest of us could do. It would be cool to see him used at the sherrif of srtforums. :thumbsup:

I just have a few questions if you'd indulge me.

1) if you knew dave was convicted of all these crimes before hand (chop shop/spouse abuse) would you have let him sign up as a vendor?

2) would you let keikeisrt sign up as a vendor?

3) would there be anything a vendor could do wrong to make you take any action whatsoever against them?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts