Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, after talking with the rep for a while and reading sounddomain forums this seemed like a really great product. I pre-ordered 5 gallons of this along with thier compressor spray gun. Thier just starting production on this product now, so it should ship in the two or three weeks. When i get it im gonna document the whole process. Ill give you guys DB readings for a clear before and after. I plan on doing the undercarrage, doors, trunk and hood. If you do this right, in theory it adds less weight then mat materials and provides similar or better sound deading. If your interested you can still get preorder prices at the link below, but not for long as shipment on this starts real soon.

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/specialpricing.html

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, that complaint looks a little personal thou.

The guy i spoke to on the phone was very nice and willing to talk and explain his product to me. Also, thier stuff gets good reviews on the sound forums. My experiences have been very positive.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got notice they shipped my spectrum. I should be set to do the undercarriage this weekend. Ill post pics, How-to and results every step of the way.

EDIT: or ill get lazy and just post pics when ive done it

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Undercarriage 3 coats
Pics to come later

Interrior floor area 2 coats.

Lets just say that the difference is extremely noticeable. All exhaust sounds are there but muffled severely. Roadnoise is reduced substantially. For example, going over the railroad tracks in my town produces FAR less vibration and noise. Also for example, my filled mounts produce slightly increased vibration when the car is cold, with this sound deading all vibration is reduced to levels well below stock. I have a sound level meter so i'm going to take some readings and post the results. The doors are yet to be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.