Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is clearly oil in my coolant reservoir at this point. I've also noticed oil coming out of my coldside where the sensor is that's known for popping out. No check engine lights. I only get smoke after driving down the freeway for awhile then getting off and going at the offramp. I have noticed my vacuum isn't as high on the gauge at idle. Temps are fine. I'm in AZ and it's very hot. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
oil in coolant is usually an indication of a head gasket issue, but it can possibly be an oil cooler issue.

oil in the cold side pipe is very common if you dont have a catch can on the PCV line that runs down from the valve cover to the throttle body. I wouldnt be surprised if you pulled your intercooler off and it has a bunch of oil in the bottom of it.

Reactions: fixit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking oil cooler and well hoping. Cause I don't blow smoke unless it's that one exception. Driving down the freeway and then getting off. Then I accelerate from a stop and I look like a diesel till back up to cruising. Nothing after that. I also don't overheat at all. And I'm in AZ where it's quite hot right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which is acceptable. Stock turbo wanting to do upgrades anyway. Don't have to drive it much as I don't drive to work. Just over 90k miles. I think buying it from Cali and exposing it to some good heat made for some issues.

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
You'll want to start off with a compression check, just to see if it is in fact the piston rings showing a lot of wear and allowing blowby. Bad compression would likely mean a rebuild would be in order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts