Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here, but i thought some of you might like to see some pics of my brother in laws car and time from the track.....he has a '01 se that he basically transformed into an '04 srt4, complete with lsd and the brake setup........he's done a few mods, with more to come......i've got a 98z28, but that neon is a blast to drive...we took some vids too, but i have to wait to get them uploaded onto my website.....i think he was running on bfg drag radials, and his best time was a 13.2 @ 103, his best mph was 105....here's a copy of our best head to head time slip......my best run was 12.5 at 112

some more pics here: http://detroitwheeliedog.com/v-web/gallery/album01

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cool car, nice that it does more than just look like an srt-4. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
can you post pics of the neon?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
go to the link at the bottom of my post....i'll have some more eventually and hopefully i'll get a vid soon....i was trying to get him to keep it looking stock, but the engine and intercooler wouldn't fit...... it looks like an se from the back though, so he's suprised a few people!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dont ask srt4shizzle :rofl:

btw...your buddy could hasve updated to base/sxt 03'+ front end and hood...everything fits ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NeonDan said:
dont ask srt4shizzle :rofl:

btw...your buddy could hasve updated to base/sxt 03'+ front end and hood...everything fits ;)
knowing him, he could've made it work but wanted the hood and didn't want me to make fun of him for it! but the thing weighs nothing!

i bought the z28 in april and it already had the fast toys ram air and some suspension work with a two inch drop....its an auto with a 3.73 rear and some weight taken off.....i put some 555rs on it and ran a 13.1 at 107.......since then i added macs with dual cutouts and an eibach rear swaybar and that's it......both days were hot and humid too......after riding in the neon after he added the bc and bov, i thought it would be close, but we got a run in at woodward and i smoked him from 50 to 90.....everyone at the track figured i was on the bottle, had a stick, and or had motor work done...basically everything i've done, including the cost of the car, has cost me about 8 grand.....a stall converter and tune would get me 11s, but i've got another project i'm working on so i really don't want to break anything on this car right now!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i'd like to send a few tips out to your buddy....hes got a few extra ponies in there he could tap as is ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NeonDan said:
i'd like to send a few tips out to your buddy....hes got a few extra ponies in there he could tap as is ;)
what did you have in mind? he's running it again in a couple weeks at stanton, looking for 12s.......he knows he's got more in it as is, and he's got a couple more things to pop on it.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts