who sell the prp package on the site

i will like a new one

its for a friend

i know they where dirt cheap like 1or 2 year ago

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome to FWD Performance, Inc.

They are a vendor on this forum, check the vendor section. Cindy (SRT403) will hook you up. I bought mine in November, I don't remember how much I paid but it was less than $500. $350 if I remember correctly but don't quote me on that. Either way, they were the lowest price I could find and were very helpful over the phone.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
who sell the prp package on the site

i will like a new one

its for a friend

i know they where dirt cheap like 1or 2 year ago
I don't use mine anymore and would be willing to let it go for around $250 obo.

It currently has access to 04510055AC and 04510061AB

·
Registered
642 Posts
You have to be careful. Call SCT and make sure they will transfer the dongle to the new owner. They might not, and without them doing it it will be useless for any car but yours. I've heard of guys having trouble with SCT when it comes to this.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You have to be careful. Call SCT and make sure they will transfer the dongle to the new owner. They might not, and without them doing it it will be useless for any car but yours. I've heard of guys having trouble with SCT when it comes to this.
Dongle is not locked to a car and cannot be. SCT has no idea what vehicle your tuning, they never ask for a vin just what cal id you want access to.

The only piece that gets locked to a vehicle is the programmer itself the xcal2. Which I don't have anyway.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will check fwdperformance

and for a used prp i dont want the hassle that i had like mine been there done that

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the dongle is not locked to 1 vin

but the prp is locked to one owner

tuned 4 different car so far

and i was lucky my prp was from the first people that bought them so i have all the pcm code unlocked

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
the dongle is not locked to 1 vin

but the prp is locked to one owner

tuned 4 different car so far

and i was lucky my prp was from the first people that bought them so i have all the pcm code unlocked
Semantics really, I would not call SCT and tell them I bought a used anything. It is not necessary at all. There is no reason to contact SCT at all unless it stops working or you wanted to add a new cal id or something.

I have owned mine since 2008 and I have contacted them 2 times, each was to resign some license agreement.

Anyone with a prp can access all of the codes by using one of sct's master dongle ids. All you need is a simple tcp packet editor...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the problem is the resign license agreement if the old user dont send it back your dongle will not work after that

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah, I dealt with that. I just resigned mine last month after like 2 years of it sitting in a box. Not sure how often these get resigned but it seems like they redid everyone a few years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts