Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a stock car the Coil asks for a gapping of .65
On almost everyones car running higher boost I see lower and lower gappings. Stock Coils have plugs gapped at .40 or less.

My question is when adding performance parts (stage 1, WGA, TB) how do you know especially with the Demon Coil on what to gap your plugs to?

When I installed Stage 1, I felt a difference but not a great difference. I am thinking with a smaller gap maybe I can pull a little more power out of it.

Only downside is people that have been killing the Demon coils I think have been gapping the coils too low and burning them out.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
what exactly are you asking here? i think you're confusing spark plugs with coil packs. having a different coil pack will not effect where you gap your plugs at, that is dependant on boost levels and mods.

stock gap is .050, not .065. with stage 1 on the car you should probably gap around .040. i don't know what you're expecting to feel as a difference, other than a smoother idle and possibly faster throttle response times.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PSI Chick said:
what exactly are you asking here? i think you're confusing spark plugs with coil packs. having a different coil pack will not effect where you gap your plugs at, that is dependant on boost levels and mods.

stock gap is .050, not .065. with stage 1 on the car you should probably gap around .040. i don't know what you're expecting to feel as a difference, other than a smoother idle and possibly faster throttle response times.
Hahaha I am not confusing Coils with Plug gaps. My question was plug gap as it relates Mods and based off of my Coil which is not gapped the same as stock or the MSD coil.

In the little directions that came with the coil it Stated to get the full benefit of the Demon coil Spark plug gap MUST be at .65. To me that means Plug gap has a lot to do with coil performance.

I guess I should have stated that I need an answer from any Demon Coil users who have experience with them.

Any Venders have a number for Screemin Demon?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I had SD coil, I gapped my plugs to .040... The SD coil recommends a .065.., at this setting I got detonation.

I now put my stock coil back on, plugs gapped at .040. Car runs the same. Not sure If I got any sort of benefit out of the SD coil.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JohnL said:
I had SD coil, I gapped my plugs to .040... The SD coil recommends a .065.., at this setting I got detonation.

I now put my stock coil back on, plugs gapped at .040. Car runs the same. Not sure If I got any sort of benefit out of the SD coil.
Thanks John...Side Note Wheres my feedback for the Throttle body :flame:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.