Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to choose a tire, and I was wondering about rule 13.3 E. "No racing tire or recap (on any casing) may be used."

The rulebook doesn't seem to define "racing tire" although I see Street Touring requires a treadwear of at least 140. Is pretty much any tire not classified as a Competition tire by the manufacturer considered legal for Stock? What about non-OEM sizes? Would a 215/50 be legal on the stock wheel?

·
Registered
775 Posts
LiveWire said:
I'm trying to choose a tire, and I was wondering about rule 13.3 E. "No racing tire or recap (on any casing) may be used."

The rulebook doesn't seem to define "racing tire" although I see Street Touring requires a treadwear of at least 140. Is pretty much any tire not classified as a Competition tire by the manufacturer considered legal for Stock? What about non-OEM sizes? Would a 215/50 be legal on the stock wheel?
13.3.E must be referring to racing slicks and not DOT approved competition tires. DOT legal competition tires are perfectly fine and used by just about everybody in Stock classes. Kumho V710, Toyo RA1, Hoosier A3S0x are just a few examples of race tires legal for Stock.

13.3.G means that any size tire that fits on the OE sized rim is legal. I have 225/50-16 Kumho V710s on my ACR SRT-4 that I enter in DS as opposed to the 225/45-16 OEM sized BFG KDW2.

Hope this helps,

Steve W.

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
Steve W. is exactly right.

just so you know, the sts and, more importantly, the bov plate, move you out of stock class. the bov means street mod. If the club goes by the letter of the law at least.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve, thank you that was very helpful. Stowaway, dammit. I was wondering about the STS and thought it could be borderline. I never thought about the BOV. That sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts