Dodge SRT Forum banner

Saying good bye :(

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  NJ DSM 
#1 ·
I would like to say good bye and thanks

loved this car and I wish I could keep it
instead to feel excited I feel sad that I have to let her go after all this years and all the mods just few moth a go change whole brake system and last week got new winter tires ) I just did not plan selling it :(

I have few more cars and have no space and don't want to pay extra insurance, I decided to keep my vette and traded the srt 4 for 2010 Maserati quatroporte GTS

Being on the srt forums I think since 2003 when I did not even have the srt

it was a great car, I really loved the car, I even enjoy her more then my vette c6

it was my wifes surprise present for me, when dealers did not even let me test drive

it was fun modding her, forum was also great, I visited the forum almost every day and I will miss it

srt4 community is great, I learned a lot on the forums with all the help from members

it is sad to let her go, I wish it was sold to members on the forum, but I did not have much time to do it all happened to fast

I will be selling some parts on for sell section, some parts I don't even have a time to remove :(

here is my baby

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
What a weird car to replace it with. Doesn't "maserati money" just buy a bigger garage and laugh at tiny neon monthly insurance? I'd ditch my vette in a heartbeat to keep my turd.

#6 ·
I hate vettes.

Beautiful car...sucks you let it go. There are very few of us OG members ('04 memberhere) left. You'll regret it. Got rid of my srt last yr (only owner)...i got into another one 3months later.

#9 ·
Just try not to think of your beloved srt4 sitting in his new dark garage crying "why daddy why? Did I do something wrong? I won't do it again I promise."

Anyhoo, pics of the new masserati?

#11 ·
it was not easy to let her go, I had srt4 2013 can am spyder RSS and the vette
i wanted to get rid of the spyder with 700 miles on and they give me a nice deal on it and my dodge
so i decided to keep the vette and Get the luxury Maser in additional
Maser sounds like no other car, it has amazing quality interior
hope this photos show

here is my vette too

#12 ·
I have had mine parked outside of my shop for a few years(have had a bum turbo and possibly fuel pump since then, and the pure lack of motivation to mess with it), but never once did I seriously consider selling it even though my wife rags on me for my car habit constantly. Have some random person stop in every other month or so to try and pry it out of my hands, and they don't understand why I won't let it go. "I drive by every day and I never see it move" just doesn't register to me as an excuse to give it to someone else. Bone stock currently other than the dog bone motor mounts when the other ones crapped out on me 10K miles ago and the Tbolt clamps on the stock charge pipe that kept blowing off, 82K miles, and I've had it since 2005, but until you enjoy one of these even in stock form you just don't understand.

Maybe I'm a sentimental sap, but I was so excited to get this car nearly 10 years ago and I thoroughly enjoyed driving it for the 7 years or whatever it was my DD. Maybe you will regret it, maybe you won't. You certainly moved up in quality. Best of luck either way, you certainly let a nice ride go.

#14 · (Edited)
congrads.. i'll bet you'll be back..

i've been there .. v12 off the show room floor.. plain and simple its not as fun as my old srt4 s3++++.

spending much less.. getting so much more.. (3k rpm 3rd gear.. tires smoking .. hard to beat)

#17 ·
srt4 is a fun car, but I think to keep same car forever is also boring
life is too short and there are so many fun cars, and I think if you can you should try and make a change, move on
you will have what to remember and compare when you get older

as much as I loved my srt4 and I felt sad giving away, I can tell you now that I actually don't miss it yet
also I don't think after spending time in Maserati's interior I will be able to go back to dodge ever again unless I have to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.