Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many phone calls to DC and Dodge today, I was told by both groups that the SRT-4 will not shipped to dealers until March or April. The SRT-4 WILL BE A 2004 MODEL. When asked what happens to the models that are already made and sitting in the parking lot outside the plant, I was told that they would be sold (of course) but not many more are being produced as 2003's. One guy who got his stories mixed up said something about making the SRT-4 into a police vehicle and making it real wheel drive... not sure about that though. I was not given a specific date for the 2004's but was told that 2004 Jeeps are already on the lots at dealerships and 2004 SRT-4's can show up any time around March or April... not June as mentioned on another discussion. DC is waiting on the engineers and others for info. for themselves.... WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS CAR???????

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Wolfsslayer said:
One guy who got his stories mixed up said something about making the SRT-4 into a police vehicle and making it real wheel drive
shoot this guy so he never breeds! :roll:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
the wait

I spoke to my dealer he said later Feb early March so i suppose middle to late March we will see them since dealers are reliable as the weather man. Another thing sometimes i think we trip on the thought we wont be able to get are hands on one cause it reminds me when i waited for Ps2 everyone tripped that they where not going to get one but in the end everyone that waited got one.

TuPac

·
Registered
118 Posts
SAY IT AINT SO... A LONGER WAIT!!!???
After many phone calls to DC and Dodge today, I was told by both groups that the SRT-4 will not shipped to dealers until March or April. The SRT-4 WILL BE A 2004 MODEL. When asked what happens to the models that are already made and sitting in the parking lot outside the plant, I was told that they would be sold (of course) but not many more are being produced as 2003's. One guy who got his stories mixed up said something about making the SRT-4 into a police vehicle and making it real wheel drive... not sure about that though. I was not given a specific date for the 2004's but was told that 2004 Jeeps are already on the lots at dealerships and 2004 SRT-4's can show up any time around March or April... not June as mentioned on another discussion. DC is waiting on the engineers and others for info. for themselves.... WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS CAR???????
Well, thats not the case. It was. Dodge was thinking about putting in 1-3 stages of turbo, but they were going to have to go through all the legal crap. So i guess they decided not to. The dealers that say march no nothing. The one i speak to, says around mid feb.
But who the hell knows.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
turbo confused

i hear about the different stages of turbo, my question is you would buy the car with the turbo already upgraded? or is that aftermarket thing u do with mopar?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Dodge hasn't given any information on possible turbo upgrades. Someone said a dealer told them it might be possible. Nothing is written in stone until the cars arrive and the information comes out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What else is new??

Dear Mark:

Thank you for your recent email to DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation
regarding the Dodge SRT-4.

We are proud of our accomplishments and the excitement our products are
generating. We are successful because we concentrate our resources in
the areas of new product development.

The DaimlerChrysler Information Center at this time does not have any
production information available regarding the Dodge SRT-4.

Please stay in contact with your local dealer as well as our website at
http://www.dodge.com for newly released information.

Thank you for your interest in DaimlerChrysler. :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one... but I'm not too disappointed that it's being delayed because I haven't been able to save up very much money yet. So far I've been able to save up about $2,500 but I want to put a minimum downpayment of $7,000 so I still have quite awhile to go. Ideally I'll save up to about $10,000 or so. I'm very excited but I know I'm gonna have to wait until the end of this year! As long as the SRT-4 isn't delayed until next year, it's all the same to me.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Jome20 said:
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one... but I'm not too disappointed that it's being delayed because I haven't been able to save up very much money yet. So far I've been able to save up about $2,500 but I want to put a minimum downpayment of $7,000 so I still have quite awhile to go. Ideally I'll save up to about $10,000 or so. I'm very excited but I know I'm gonna have to wait until the end of this year! As long as the SRT-4 isn't delayed until next year, it's all the same to me.
You're right...take a look around...you are in the minority! And by the way, welcome to the forum :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Jome20 said:
So far I've been able to save up about $2,500 but I want to put a minimum downpayment of $7,000 so I still have quite awhile to go. Ideally I'll save up to about $10,000 or so.
damn dude, where do you work that you will be able to save $7,500 in a couple of months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
Jome20 said:
So far I've been able to save up about $2,500 but I want to put a minimum downpayment of $7,000 so I still have quite awhile to go. Ideally I'll save up to about $10,000 or so.
damn dude, where do you work that you will be able to save $7,500 in a couple of months.
I don't think I ever stated that I could make $7,500 in only 2 months. Maybe you misinterrupted me. I MIGHT be able to make $3,000 in 2 months but even that's pushing it. I work at a doctor's office doing front office work. I don't really make that much money but being that I'm young, I don't have very many bills to pay so I can usually save most of my earnings.

I did say "I still have quite awhile to go". I don't think I'll have enough $$$ for my preferred downpayment until almost the end of this year (probably around October/November).

In the meantime I gotta figure something out about these insurance prices...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
14 Participants
slave1
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing