Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was silver and very good looking. De-spoilered (I wouldn't even consider driving a FWD car with a spoiler). Both exhaust pipes exited on the left side, just in front of the rear wheel. It sounded awesome, very throaty for a 4-banger.

When the guy came back out (the car was parked in front of a store) I said, "Nice car". Then I asked him if he had anything done to it, and he was like, "Some stuff".

As he drove off, he drove normally through first. Then he shifted into second and punched it. He spun the tires all the way through second until he shifted into third. It was a pretty mean sounding screech that lasted for a few seconds.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
mines stock and I can screech through second too... but thats cool :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The Chronic said:
(I wouldn't even consider driving a FWD car with a spoiler).

uhh OK why smartguy? are you one of them fellers that thinks that just cuz the drive wheels are in the front you dont need any downforce in the back? Now granted the stock wing doesnt do anything except make the srt look like...well an srt...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Probably because it really serves no "real" function besides asthetics. I like it, mine is still on.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
here we go again.....reminds me of back when SRTforums was still small and these type of threads popped up daily...

·
Registered
142 Posts
NeonDan said:
here we go again.....reminds me of back when SRTforums was still small and these type of threads popped up daily...
lol search guys we settled this with a few guys that paid attention in high school physics class.. our wing does provide downforce (i believe it starts working at 90mph ish.. pop your trunk and drive like that.. keep gaining speed until the trunk stops ratteling..

or something like that..

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that our wing provides something like 30 lbs of force at 100 MPH or something like that...

So it IS functional....

·
Banned
2,163 Posts
Pheare said:
I sure do hope its more than an ugly wing that makes the SRT4 what it is. Otherwise, you guys paid too much for your cars. :lol:

Did you get your '92 mustang lx at a garage sale????:eveilgrin

Next troll question!:tongue:

·
SRTforums Member
371 Posts
sphinx said:
I believe I read somewhere that our wing provides something like 30 lbs of force at 100 MPH or something like that...

So it IS functional....
If thats the case why do people on the forums give me such a hassle about my canards. If the factory wing doesn't produce great downforce until high speeds, and canards do the same thing, why get pissed because I have canards.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.