Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, actually it was on a car carrier. It was a yellow one and it was the only car on the carrier, and it was on the very top. I saw it this morning on my way to work on I-275 going north bound in the livonia area. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure that one was mine. My dealer said it would be here any minute now...
:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
berke said:
Well, actually it was on a car carrier. It was a yellow one and it was the only car on the carrier, and it was on the very top. I saw it this morning on my way to work on I-275 going north bound in the livonia area...
Awww man, we gotta start carrying our digital cameras along with our SRT-4 secret decoder rings! It's not that I don't believe y'all, just like to see some pics of this Loch Ness Monster we keep hearing about :wink: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
Auto-Xer said:
Yeah, I'm sure that one was mine. My dealer said it would be here any minute now...
:lol:
:lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
The truth is out there, don't give up hope. I swear one passed me at a light the other day with little green men driving.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,317 Posts
Grunge said:
The truth is out there, don't give up hope. I swear one passed me at a light the other day with little green men driving.
I don't believe that for a second, they were little blue men! I do believe they passed you, after all they were driving an SRT-4. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
Green, blue...my eyes were probably deceiving me. I saw something stranger than that last night. My condo faces Dale Mabry Highway, (a well traveled roadway for anyone not living in Tampa) and I heard the bass coming up the road. People drive back and forth with their bass turned up all the time, but this time it seemed louder. I'm sitting there wondering what kind of car it will be. Okay, 5 minutes go by and I still hear it but still don't see anything. Either they stopped along the road or this car is going really slow. 10 minutes later, this guy on a 3 wheeled bicycle rides by. He's got the whole thing suped up. He has these big ass wired spokes, a long neck handle bar, some kind of funky sound system with subs and blue neon lights underneath and he's peddling like a crazy person. I laughed so hard, I almost wet myself. To each his own... :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
come on people, keep your digital cameras with you at ALL times!!! :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
Has anyone heard if the SRT 4's have arrived in Tampa?? I was pulling out of my complex this afternoon and saw a yellow car go by. By the time I realized what it might have been, I just saw the back end. It had the large spoiler painted yellow to match the car. It looked to be stock. I would dismiss it as another type of Neon, but the spoiler looked exactly like the SRT 4. After I got out into traffic, it went through a yellow light and I lost it. The dealerships are about 6 or 8 miles down the street. It could have been a test drive, possibly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
There *should* be at least a handful of SRT's in the tampa area by now. I know the plant has shipped a number of them out to dealers in FL already.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
Unless somebody got just 1, I think we've got all the Tampa dealers covered... :lol:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,317 Posts
Why doesn't someone call the local dealers, there can't be that many. I think it would be great news if some were already here, wouldn't be long til ours arrive. I can smell the rubber burning already :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
I'll give them a call when I get home from work unless there's already a message on my answering machine. I'm almost 100% sure that it was an SRT 4 that passed me today. I got a lump in my throat when I realized what I had seen. It was bright yellow and it looked just like the yellow one shown on the dodgeboy website. It 's hard to mistake the SRT 4 spoiler with a regular neon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,268 Posts
Ok, I just called Autoway dodge, and they had absoluetly no idea what I was talking about, the guy was like "what is that, an frt??" and I'm like "no, the new srt-4" and he's like..."prt??" So I just hung up :twisted: , but then I caleld Jerry Ulm and the guy said they should have them in by the end of this month, that's "what he was told" because "they don't know the exact delivery date and they won't tell them", but that's pretty much what my dealer said too (Plaza Dodge), I'm the 1st on the waiting list over there, so it looks like us Tampa people should get them in about a month or so :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
I think the last email we all received from Jerry Ulm stated that the cars should arrive mid February at the latest. Who knows, its all just words. If the cars were shipped a week or two ago like we were told, they should be here by now. Is there some big top secret holding facility like Area 51 where they are storing these cars before delivering them? Yes, I mentioned Area 51 and no I'm not implying that the SRT 4 has alien technology powering it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Grunge said:
I think the last email we all received from Jerry Ulm stated that the cars should arrive mid February at the latest. Who knows, its all just words. If the cars were shipped a week or two ago like we were told, they should be here by now. Is there some big top secret holding facility like Area 51 where they are storing these cars before delivering them? Yes, I mentioned Area 51 and no I'm not implying that the SRT 4 has alien technology powering it.
I believe DCX uses CSX railroad for shipping. That might be the "Area 51" you refer to. I sent an email to the Tampa CSX contact listed on their website several days ago...no reply.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
well then, we need to find 4 guys with civics and green neon to hijack the csx trucks and take delivery of our srt-4's ourselves. obviously the dealers are to incompetent to sell them on their own.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
They definitely use CSX. I used to do PC and printer service in their offices, and would see all the new cars. Unfortunately, they are pretty high security, and I haven't been able to find a way to get in and look around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
RaptorRed said:
They definitely use CSX. I used to do PC and printer service in their offices, and would see all the new cars. Unfortunately, they are pretty high security, and I haven't been able to find a way to get in and look around.
Is there no way to just drive up to the fence and peer inside? If that doesn't work then I guess we'll just have to re-task some satellites...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top