Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm actually new to the board so I thought that in a lame attempt to be accepted by everyone, I'd do some reporting from the San Diego Auto Show. ;)

They had a rally SRT-4 at the Dodge booth! It was roped off so you couldn't touch it, and there was some weird tint/film on the windows so you couldn't really see the interior either. It had an orange paint job and sponsor stickers all over it. Also had gold (8 spoked?) wheels, similar to those Oz wheels that the rally WRX is always wearing. It wasn't wearing any of the standard badges on the trunk (Dodge and SRT-4). People at the show didn't seem all that interested, probably because they figured it was just a suped-up Neon. Shoulda got some pictures but I left my camera at home, sorry! Picked up an SRT brochure at the booth. It's got some great shots of the Viper SRT-10, Ram SRT-10 and, of course, the SRT-4. Since I couldn't get any photos of the car I'd be happy to scan the brochure and post it up if anyone's interested!

Also got to see a Segway in action at the Ford booth! If you don't know what a Segway is, check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007EPJ6/ref=segway_tn_left/102-3058492-3384127

And that's about all. :) As for my car choices, I've been going back and forth between a Celica and Tiburon, or should I wait for something like the RX-8 ... but then I heard about the SRT-4 and read the reviews in Sport Compact Car and I'm sold! Now I just need some money. :)

Cannikin :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
no pictures?? :shock: how dare you!! :wink:

scan away on the brochure. id like to see it. and i dont know what everyone else thinks of the segway, but i think it is total crap. i would never pay money for that thing. it is a neat design and all, but bleh. id rather drive, and where i cant drive i would skate (board), and where i cant skate, i would walk. we dont need anymore reason for us americans to get any more lazy then we already are. :lol:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The greatest part of the Segway demonstration is when they show a video with police officers riding around on it. I'm sorry, but if a cop rolled up on one of those I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. :)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's that brochure!

http://www.ridingtheclutch.com/srt/srt_brochure.pdf

I'm also working on that shot of the SRT-4 on the last page of the brochure. I'm gonna pull it off the background and then we should have a nice high-resolution shot of the car finally. :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Cannikin said:
The greatest part of the Segway demonstration is when they show a video with police officers riding around on it. I'm sorry, but if a cop rolled up on one of those I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. :)

well, see. thats how they are going to catch people. i wonder if it will go up steps too? wouldnt that suck? the criminal would run up some steps and the cops couldnt follow. heheh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing