·
Banned
27,026 Posts
any high speed testing done?

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
DAMN!! :shock: Nicer than PVO's! LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AWD_ENVY, Sam told me you helped him. Are you coming to Delaware anytime soon? Helluva Job guys and thanx for the shitload of pics!!

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Jon H said:
Maybe I missed it, but any pictures with the hood closed?
I was going to ask the exact same thing. From the interior cuts, the circle looked a little rough. I'd like to see what it did to the exterior paint job. Do you need to add anything to prevent rusting if moisture comes in contact with the cut metal?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I was wondering the same thing when I first heard about this mod, but its not visible from the outside. The air intake on the hood leads to a depression right above the air box. This hole makes them connect.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Okay, I'm an idiot. :lol: :lol: I thought it was cutting all the way through to vent outside. I never saw a picture with the hood closed, so I couldn't tell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well consider me an idiot too. lol I was thinking the same thing..

Anyways, any plans to install a temp. probe? It'd be interesting to see what kind of decrease in temp. this mod creates.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Has anyone considered blocking off the little inlet on the right of the air box(where the air enters from the fender area) and moving the sensor to the air box? Then all the air would come from the hood mod. Would this be enough flow for the car? Or would it be to restrictive?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
whats wrong with getting two sources of fresh air ??

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
you have people who think that the hood scoop will be suffice thats why he asked...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Extra "NEW" stripping for your hood mod!

For anyone who would like to do the hood mod, I have extra stripping that I can mail to you. You will need about a 15" strip to cover the entire edge of the hole (gives you a little extra to work with.) I ended up having to buy a big box of it to get the size I needed. I was thinking I will ship you the stripping for about $10 shipped (or possibly less if you are "really" hurting for money.)

PM me and let me know if you need any,

Sam :D

PS. Yes, I've got the K&N. No, the hood looks exactly the same from the outside. Yes, the hood mod will help your SRT-4 run better! It is an "engineered" design from PVO! Look at their vehicle!!!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more thing about the hood mod. As far as worrying about rust and the such, I coated the entire inside and outside lip of the hole with clear silicone RTV sealant ($2.99). This should keep the majority of the water out and keep the gasket tight.

-Sam

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i just did that thing that exhasut depot di .. cutting the black plastic hood scoop peice to allow the air to pass more freely .. and my srt is running 5 degrees lower than normal .. so i guess it isnt a bad thing .. it gets alot more air .. half way to getting the scoop functional...

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
thispainisours said:
i just did that thing that exhasut depot di .. cutting the black plastic hood scoop peice to allow the air to pass more freely .. and my srt is running 5 degrees lower than normal .. so i guess it isnt a bad thing .. it gets alot more air .. half way to getting the scoop functional...

U have underhood temp sensonr? or are u averaging 5 deg off the thermostat?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Can anything go wrong if i cut a hole on the cover to the filter ? In the long run that is? I wouldnt mind cutting or opening the hole from the hood but i'm jus concerned about the airbox...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
the joker
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing