Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a salvage yard thats local to socal. I need to a srt-4 motor/tranny.

Anyone know of any yards that may have what im looking for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
I think it will be rare to find one in a yard. However just recently there was one in a yard in 29 Palms. That one was pillaged quickly from what I hear.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Um.. on Beach Blvd in Stanton/Anaheim there's a car parts salvage yard (if that's what you're looking for).

:meow:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
high tech auto has 3 salvage srt-4s. one of em we took the motor and swapped it with my friends that sucked up water. I think they still have 2 good srt engines and trannys.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
armeN said:
high tech auto has 3 salvage srt-4s. one of em we took the motor and swapped it with my friends that sucked up water. I think they still have 2 good srt engines and trannys.
Awesome info...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
well i dont know the exact location but its in sun valley area... san fernando and bradford area.

·
Banned
8,712 Posts
We have 1 srt sitting in our friends backyard if anyone would like anything, no front bumper, side skirts, front seats, IC, intake mani, tb, spacer or hood. Everything else is there. :)

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
While at the Pick-a-part/Ecology yards down in Chula Vista a couple weeks ago I went through about every salvage yard (there's a ton of them in the area) asking about 2.4L turbo's. There was one SRT-4 but they already pulled everything under the hood (sold for $2k). If you're looking for an engine you might also shop around for PT GT's but they still command just as much of a premium. Your other option is to look at some of the insurance auctions. You'd have to pay to register and if you won you'd be stuck with the whole car, but it depends on what you're looking for. If it's for a swap into another car like a base Neon you'd need everything anyways, so that might be a good option. If you ruined/damaged your current engine there are other options as well. I just bought a brand new short block and some other parts from a forum member for a great price this week and some parts aren't too bad at the dealer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
www.car-parts.com they will find you one in cali i hope this helps

Engine
Dodge Neon w/turbo, (4-2.4L VIN 'S')-18K CK D434 $1250.26 All Auto Parts Co. -- Gold Seal USA-CA(Fontana) Request_Quote 1-800-797-4595 Request_Insurance_Quote
Transmission
Dodge Neon M.T., w/turbo- D434 $900.26 All Auto Parts Co. -- Gold Seal USA-CA(Fontana) Request_Quote 1-800-797-4595 Request_Insurance_Quote
these place is great i get all my motors and trannies here these is the set $2150.52 i bet you can work the price down too .. they are not open on weekends and there down the street from california speedway

here are some other trannies
Transmission
Dodge Neon M.T., w/turbo- 7,000mile CC1001 $1000.94 Aacon Auto Parts USA-CA(Los-Angeles) Request_Quote 1-323-589-5048 Request_Insurance_Quote 28
Transmission
Dodge Neon M.T., w/turbo-5K BAD F. CASE !!!!-BROKE 5,000mile D292 $650.12 M & M Imports - Southern California Shipping only USA-CA(Fontana) E-mail 1-800-429-9000 35

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got One In My Backyard An 03 Complete I Just Wrecked It Starts Up And Everything I Havent Setteld With The Insurance Yet I Would Like To Sell It Whole But If Worst Comes To Worst I Will Part It Out

·
Registered
176 Posts
03 doesn't have the lsd right

·
Registered
717 Posts
BaByVpR said:
We have 1 srt sitting in our friends backyard if anyone would like anything, no front bumper, side skirts, front seats, IC, intake mani, tb, spacer or hood. Everything else is there. :)
Javi, how much would he want for the power steering pulley??? I also need the lil oil cooler thats under the car, i think mine busted.... :crying:

·
Banned
8,712 Posts
c0m3b4ck said:
Javi, how much would he want for the power steering pulley??? I also need the lil oil cooler thats under the car, i think mine busted.... :crying:
I will ask him tonight Danny, I'll let you know ho much he wants.

·
Registered
717 Posts
BaByVpR said:
I will ask him tonight Danny, I'll let you know ho much he wants.
thank you very much sir!!! can u pm me here plz thanks!!! i might finally have power steering again.... well at least my arms have had a good work out :rofl:

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
BaByVpR said:

Shifter?

·
Banned
8,712 Posts
slow4dr said:
You got it, last I checked it was there. :thumbsup: I am the only one that has taken parts from it and that was only the silver radio bezel.

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
BaByVpR said:
You got it, last I checked it was there. :thumbsup: I am the only one that has taken parts from it and that was only the silver radio bezel.

:thumbsup:

I might also take the plastic pieces that the windshield wipers slide through.

·
Banned
8,712 Posts
slow4dr said:
:thumbsup:

I might also take the plastic pieces that the windshield wipers slide through.
I am pretty sure that is there aswell, let me know what you need and I will go get it and can meet you somewhere. Or you can always come down here and take whatever you need.

·
Banned
8,712 Posts
slow4dr said:
That would probably be best. That way I can remember all the shite I need on the drive out there.
:lol: I will talk to my friend tonight and see when he has a day off. I also have to check if he has his car back from teh shop, you can check it out and tell us if they did a good job. :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts