Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my local track has a few rules before you can run, 2 of them stick out to me

must have a full circumference driveline loop within 6" of front universal joint must have minimum 16 oz radiator coolant overflow can

Does the srt4 have a radiator coolent overflow can? and what the hellis a driveline loop?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I thought the 'driveline loop' was a shield protecting the flywheel from flyin out the car, but could be wrong. Someone on the forums made one, but I thought that was if you are below a certain et? 12's? Not sure. Dont most cars including ours have a radiator overflow tank? I went to my track by me (etown) and they didnt say nothing bout either.

MrG

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
track rules

Downriverdevil said:
my local track has a few rules before you can run, 2 of them stick out to me

must have a full circumference driveline loop within 6" of front universal joint must have minimum 16 oz radiator coolant overflow can

Does the srt4 have a radiator coolent overflow can? and what the hellis a driveline loop?

The driveline loop is just that, it is a "loop" of steel that surrounds the driveshaft incase of failure (on rear drive cars) should prevent the car pole vaulting into the air, front U-joint breaks, digs into ground, car goes into the olympic sport of pole vaulting......and all new cars that I know of have a radiator overflow can....its the bottle of coolant just next to your turbo......by the way if you have any mods, take a helmet....you can only run a 13.999 once without it......and make sure you have all of your lugnuts on, and no leaks......hope that helps ya.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
oops

forgot to mention, the driveshaft loop ONLY pertains to rear drive cars, and the car must be at least running an 11.99 to qualify for the rule.

The overflow can pertains to everyone......you can pick up a copy of the 2004 NHRA rulebook at your track and it will go into great detail what you have to have to run at any level of racing, you can even scan the rules for the top fuel cars.........but it will tell you all of the safety requirements you have to have no matter what E.T. you are running.....laters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.