Discussion Starter #1
just want some opinions! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mario03srt said:
You are kidding right?
no not really cuz every thread i look up never ends up with a anwser!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
SAFC is a much better tuning device than a mapclamp. Mapclamps aren't variable like a SAFC. I can go in and pull different amounts of fuel throughout the RPM band with my AFC. You can't do that with a mapclamp.

If you only have basic bolt ons and aren't looking for 300whp than a mapclamp is just fine and is definately cost effective. But for those of us that are on the path to well over 300, we need to effectively tune our fuel everywhere we can. That's where the AFC is worth the money

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
^i agree. the mapclamp is great, but to effectively tune it's useless. however, with the right mods and proper set up, you can tune with the clamp. i have finally managed a steady 12:1 a/f throughout the power curve at WOT with a dasmopar clamp. it took sometime and at some points i was ready to throw the thing out the window....needless to say, if you have the money for the safc, no need for a clamp

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I agree. A map clamp is a cheaper way to tune but by no means a match for a safc, or Dtec. But you are looking at a big diff. in money also. A Stage 2 car will pick up 25whp with a map clamp (30 bucks shipped) A safc (225'ish bucks) is going to get you a better power band but it's not going to get you anohter 15whp at peak. So it really comes down to what you are looking for. It's really not even fair to compare the 2.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
90% of you will get what you need from map clamp

the rest who want everything or are thinking bigger path down the rode get a dtec

some of you have started with a map clamp(getting your feet wet) and now have moved on to a Dtec

the safc is a thing of the past if you played with a safc or played with the dtec and knew even a little bit about tuning it would take you 2 seconds to get the money out for the dtec and pass on the safc

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dasmopar said:
I agree. A map clamp is a cheaper way to tune but by no means a match for a safc, or Dtec. But you are looking at a big diff. in money also. A Stage 2 car will pick up 25whp with a map clamp (30 bucks shipped) A safc (225'ish bucks) is going to get you a better power band but it's not going to get you anohter 15whp at peak. So it really comes down to what you are looking for. It's really not even fair to compare the 2.

i already have a safcII i was wondering if i should through a mapclamp on there too! i know that the safc goes by rpm's but some people are saying that you will still not get the timing you want without a mapclamp. thats why i was asking if i should throw a mapclamp on there too!

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Slow89 said:
i already have a safcII i was wondering if i should through a mapclamp on there too! i know that the safc goes by rpm's but some people are saying that you will still not get the timing you want without a mapclamp. thats why i was asking if i should throw a mapclamp on there too!
Oh my...

In a nutshell, if you add a mapclamp you will not gain ANY power...

Both the clamp and safc do the same thing, reduce map voltage...The aftermath lowering voltage is a leaner mixture, lower EGTs and increased timing...

Kodus to the marketing god who brain washs noobs into thinking they need a clamp when they already have a piggyback... :jester: :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts