Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that care:
Last night on my way home from work, I had an accident wht a drunk driver who then fled, but the cops caught him. (for those in TAMPA, on the bridge [HF])

My car has to be totalled. Both bags deployed, hood is now half size etc.
I managed to get away with som severly sprained left gingers, and a few minor bruises.

All I can say is thank god for Seatbelts, and Airbags. This was an experience like no other. Airbag deployment and stuff, happens so fast.

I am home waiting on the FHP to come by and let me know whats what. I truly hope the drunk SOB is in Jail

Cali

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
cali, thank God you're OK. :) Cars can always be replaced! I HATE DRUNK DRIVERS. If I were you, I would sue the SOB. I would really make him learn his lesson. I glad to hear you are ok. What kind of car were you driving? What was the SOB driving?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Damn drunk's. I'm no stranger to the finer side of beer, but gotta enjoy responsibly. Glad to hear your alright. The car can be rebought.

·
Registered
41 Posts
damn yo, im feeling for ya, your going to be out some $$ because of the whole replacement value (insurance wont reinburse for the full value you payed)

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that. It's a terrible thing, but luckily you made it out with only a few bumps and bruises. The car can be replaced, but people can't be. I hope they did a Rodney King on the drunk after they caught him. I'd contact a lawyer and sue that SOB for injuries and mental anguish and get some pictures of the bruises before they heal. Maybe the drunk will unknowingly buy you that SRT 4.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Thank heavens your alright! Like everyone else said, the car can be replaced. I'd rather see a cali w/o a car than no cali at all! Maybe you can sue him enough to get an new car and some extra goodies to go along w/ it! If not, I will try to start "The Cali Foudation for New SRT-4" and get some donations going! 8)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. I can relate. I had a head-on at around 40mph with NO airbag. Those belts hurt like hell but thank God i had them on. We can be thankfull we both were not seriously injured. I hope you have a quick recovery and that your insurance co./lawyer will provide you with everything you need. One tip though, dont be too quick to say your totally allright. Accidents like yours can have down-the-road problems, leave a door open to protect yourself. Keep your good spirits!! :D

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Guys

Grunge,
First thing I did when i came home, was have the wife take digital pics of every nook and cranny (well almost).

Im waiing on the FHP like I said. He will come by 10Pm tonight. When I arrived at the ER , the paramedics told me they caught the guy at the end of the bridge. I was still spaced out, but I remember saying Jail the f***er.

Whats really f'ed up is that almost 1yr ago, as I was leaving for work and anold lady ran thru stop sign and hit me about 25-30, and I was worse off than I am now. I am very thanksful I am ok.
I owe it all to HONDA, EBC, and AIRBAGS. Car was a 98ex.
Pics b4 are at HTTP://web.tampabay.rr.com/calimark/

I JUST PUT IT UP FOR SALE LAST WEEK. I ran into the back/side of the guy as i tried to avoid it, but had a SUV right next to me, so i bit in hit the brake......

I have receipts for it, and I will call my lawyer once I get the report. We had just switched to Geico insurance on the 22nd, and now this.

My mother-in-law say to get a HUMMER now :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
From the pictures on your homepage, that was a sweet ride. At least it wasn't your brand new SRT 4.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Cali i hope you get better and sorry to hear. Sounds like a friend of mine who about to go to a car show to show off his Ranger Splash (on bags and tons of other mods) and maybe sell it. He was rolling out of his driveway and didnt even get his arseend on the road BAM! his truck go totalled right in front of his 8 month pregnant wife in their own driveway. When did this happen and hopefully now u can strut your stuff to South FL and get urself a nice SRT to heal the pain...get better man

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Cali, I'm glad you're okay

Same thing happen to my little sister, right there in Tampa 3yrs back. Drunk $hithead totalled 2 cars at a redlight. :evil: It brought my sister to er.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FHP came by....he had 3 charges against him last night. He had to be removed forcefully. Stolen TAG, unreg vehicle. Uninsured...Multiple DUI's
Click inquires online and click arrest inquiry, put that name in.

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/
DALE,CLIFTON EUGENE

BITCHES LIKE HIM NEED TO ROT IN HELL!~

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
It's sad that the scum bag bonded out today. He should be rotting in jail. It has his place of employment. We should all call or write and get him fired.

CLIFTON DALE SR
3608 N ARLINGTON AVE
TAMPA FL 33603
(813)228-6837

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd bet my bottom dollar that where he works, is a ghetto place , so they dont care. The tag he has was stolen/borrowed from there.

Obviously he had $3000 to get bailed out, so I'm gonna talk to my lawyer on Monday. Its sad that I have to put my new insurance company thru it. So far they have been very niee to me, as compared to allstate!!!

Im going to go see the car in the morning, and will post pics.

Cali

One hand typing sucks baddddd

·
Registered
726 Posts
Cali, I'm sorry you have to go through all this. I am glad your injuries are minor and hope they heal in a speedy manor.

It's because of scum like this guy that they made the 3 strikes law in California. If this guy ever gets in a motor vehicle again other than a police van then justice will not have been served.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Get Well Dude.

I can't believe they let scum like that right back out on to the streets to do it again to some one else. I pray this Guy doesn't Kill someone before he kills himself.

Hopefully you can get on your way to a SRT-4. :wink:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Cali i will warn you Geico might not be so nice when you get the SRT-4 trust me!...when i went from my 00 ES to the 01 ACR they dropped me cause the car came up as an RT and lil 21 year old me then only had 1 ticket :?

·
Registered
109 Posts
What I can't believe is that the bond was so low. The guy is a danger to society. $250 for leaving the scene with an habitual drunk driver! Sh*t, they should have thrown the book at him.

I am guessing your car is totaled. Have you considered buying it back from your insurance company? Did that in '66 with a totaled Street Hemi (black ice and a light pole). Made out like a bandit. The Hemi motor, four speed, and Sure Grip Dana rear were worth a bundle and the insurance company didn't have a clue. Sold the interior for about what the wreck cost.

My point is your drive train, assuming it is intact, buckets, rear brakes, wing, dash, etc. have a better value than the average wreck. Insurance company employees are not car guys and the SRT-4 has not been sold long enough for it to establish a market price. You could buy it back, part it out on the internet at Neon sites and end up a grand ahead of the game. Turn a lemon into lemonade.

I would do it if you didn't live so far away.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Thankful you're OK. Personally, been there done that applies. A drunk was PARKED sideways up against the right hand wall on I-10 in Houston and we all were going 70 MPH & would you believe right before I passed him he pulled out heading the wrong way & we hit head on! I was in a Saturn (Plastic) so the car just broke off instead of crunching up into me. Wasn't it freaky all the smoke in the car from the airbags? My hands were burned from them to. Another bright one in Tampa ran a red light hitting me & sending me into oncoming traffic sideways & naturally a car came right into my door @ 55 MPH & broke my back! You got off pretty good this time. You should thank God you're OK if you haven't already.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
15 Participants
PB Pod
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing