Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was hanging out w/a local car club that i have some friends in and there is a kid in the club w/an S4 who heard about my car and was talking alot of crap. he was sying stuff like "i'll play w/him" and "if he can't pull on a 911 he shouldn't play w/me" but he never showed last week. well this week he showed after i had left so i had to come back. i actually thought i was gonna lose b/c i have seen what those things can do w/a chip and exhaust. and he didn't say yes or no to having mods. This guy is really cocky and tells me "lets go from a 50 roll" i agree, honestly thinking im about to have my ass handed to me.

well we get out on the highway and go to 50, he honks 3 times and i get on it and pull 1/2 car in 2nd, 2 more cars in 3rd and go all the way through 4th. the race ends up with me 4 cars ahead.

we do the same thing again and again 4 cars. then he wants to go again from 50 thinking somehow the situation is going to change, well we go again but i go into 5th this time and it ends up at 5 cars.

if felt so nice to pull on a 45K+ car. i have alot of respect for S4's i would never even think about going from a dig w/one but he wanted a roll. im a little glad i beat the car but more happy i embrassed the driver b/c all that he was talking the i handed it to him.

cliff notes: cocky S4 driver in "daddy's car" get 4 cars put on him by an SRT-4. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
ahhhhh, this reminds me of the time that I owned this rich boys audi 2.8 quattro with my 96 sohc neon mtx....lol good times good times....after all its "just a neon"... it feels nice to beat a car that is more then double the price of yours doesnt it

·
Registered
137 Posts
I sold my S4 for my srt4... and while the S4 was great car inside and out, it is a heavy beast. Stock for stock the SRT feels slightly quicker but chipped I would think the outcome would be different, what did the Audi have done to it? The audi driver should have wanted a race from a stop, launch is the best chance for him to pull.

I am definetly happy with my choice... got a great new car under warranty (2000 Audi just ran out) an a little cash in pocket from the equity in the Audi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, the kid went stright home, i think his butt hurt a little after talking all the shit and not backing it up. in the way of mods, thats a mixed thing, some people say chip, some people say stock, i asked him and he didn't say anything, so im not sure. and like i said before, if he wanted to go from a dig i woulda given him the race unless it was a dig to like 150 mph. but if u say the SRT-4 feel quicker then the S4 on stock boost, if he had a chip and me on 19 psi its completely possile, im not saing he has a chip, but from what he said it may not be completely out of th question.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i have a friend who has a very modded ATX FWD A4 1.8T and he was alwys depressed when my 00 ES and 01 ACR would pull or stay neck and neck with his "Vundermakine" :roll: i mean he has spent 3k on the thing and he couldnt beat a SOHC Neon :lol: 8)

good kill i guess he had this "Farfromloosin" attitude before and a "farfromwinning" cry afterwards

·
Registered
1 Posts
:confused:

Clearly a stock S4 - probably auto.

·
Registered
228 Posts
riceetr said:
i was hanging out w/a local car club that i have some friends in and there is a kid in the club w/an S4 who heard about my car and was talking alot of crap. he was sying stuff like "i'll play w/him" and "if he can't pull on a 911 he shouldn't play w/me" but he never showed last week. well this week he showed after i had left so i had to come back. i actually thought i was gonna lose b/c i have seen what those things can do w/a chip and exhaust. and he didn't say yes or no to having mods. This guy is really cocky and tells me "lets go from a 50 roll" i agree, honestly thinking im about to have my ass handed to me.

well we get out on the highway and go to 50, he honks 3 times and i get on it and pull 1/2 car in 2nd, 2 more cars in 3rd and go all the way through 4th. the race ends up with me 4 cars ahead.

we do the same thing again and again 4 cars. then he wants to go again from 50 thinking somehow the situation is going to change, well we go again but i go into 5th this time and it ends up at 5 cars.

if felt so nice to pull on a 45K+ car. i have alot of respect for S4's i would never even think about going from a dig w/one but he wanted a roll. im a little glad i beat the car but more happy i embrassed the driver b/c all that he was talking the i handed it to him.

cliff notes: cocky S4 driver in "daddy's car" get 4 cars put on him by an SRT-4. :D
im sorry but im gonna have to call BS on this story, i think u just wrote this story because there has been a lot of posts my SRT-4 smoked the shit out of a S4 blah blah blah because every1 knows the S4 owner would want to go from a dig especially when the srt-4 is hooked up. my brother has a S4 with similar mods and he never wanted to go from a roll...and if that is a true story then the S4 driver is a retard and underestimates the SRT-4 way too much, on a slightly diffrent note....go race a S4 from a 120+mph roll and see what happens then...i ran my brother from a 110mph roll and i dont even want to tell you the results what those cars do....he goes 155 in 5'th gear and still has 6'th gear ;) if ur story is true then congrats and tell the dumass S4 driver he is a retard and not to underestimate the SRT-4...i dont mean to start anything but just think about it which retard with a AWD car would go on a roll race against a FWD car....especially when you guys agreed how you are going to race

·
Registered
228 Posts
yeah the new one's run low 13's (they're 4.2 V8 producing a whopping 420hp) but he's talking about the old one that is 2.7 Twin Turbo that makes 250hp and runs anywhere from 13.8-14.2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
16 Participants
PoweredbyFord
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing