Dodge SRT Forum banner

Has your S3R manifold shows signs of cracks?

• S3R With Toys and my manifold has cracks

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • S3R with toys and my manifold has no cracks

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • S3R without toys and my manifold has cracks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S3R without toys and my manifold has no cracks

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Well when I suggested the poll I stated problems with stage 3r as in no boost or chipped fins etc. The large majority of people have no idea if their manifold is cracked or not. I personally won't take mine apart to look either. While the cracks may be the cause for the chipped fins we still don't know that for sure.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't have S3R, but I'd like to see the results without voting and throwing the whole thing off.
Can you add another option?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Not familiar

I am not familiar with what the problem with manifold cracking on Stage 3 is. Can someone fill me in? Also, srt4police said something about DCR fixing it. How do they do that?

-Mike :ninja:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Pinebox said:
I don't have S3R, but I'd like to see the results without voting and throwing the whole thing off.
Can you add another option?

Look to the far right. "view pole results"

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Aint taking mine apart to check either:) Boost goes wonky, then I will.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
glhs837 said:
Aint taking mine apart to check either:) Boost goes wonky, then I will.
I thought if you wait that long, the fins are already chipped and you have got a much bigger problem on your hands...... :grimrippe

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
srad2drag said:
I thought if you wait that long, the fins are already chipped and you have got a much bigger problem on your hands...... :grimrippe
Its been over 23K, and she boosts fine, I aint asking for trouble:readclose

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike_Blue_RT said:
I am not familiar with what the problem with manifold cracking on Stage 3 is. Can someone fill me in? Also, srt4police said something about DCR fixing it. How do they do that?

-Mike :ninja:

Well as long as the crack is just the ramp from the turbine, it can be fixed. Basically Darrell welds more metal in there to fix the crack because the metal is too thin and raises the ramp to close the distance between the ramp and the scroll. This yields more power and a quicker spool up.

As far as if it is so bad that the fins are chipping, that I am not sure of.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
srt4police said:
Well as long as the crack is just the ramp from the turbine, it can be fixed. Basically Darrell welds more metal in there to fix the crack because the metal is too thin and raises the ramp to close the distance between the ramp and the scroll. This yields more power and a quicker spool up.

As far as if it is so bad that the fins are chipping, that I am not sure of.
how does one fix damaged turbines? or chipped turbines? I believe people wouldn't really give a rats ass about the crack (and get them fixed) if it wasn't somehow related to the damaged turbines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts