Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my S3R from Va beach to Cali and back and car is running like crap. Motor and everything runs smooth but the boost is all screwy. Here are ther numbers:
1st, 2nd gear---8-15 psi
3rd gear---8psi
4th, 5th---5psi
sometimes the psi varies. my vaccum at idle is
at 18 and at closed throttle deceleration it is 22, so I dont think its a leak. I reset the computer, and recently changed the plugs. The problem seems to be getting worse. Im thinking my wastegate might be messed up??? Possibly the boost controler? Im thinking maybe that because I have the turbo toys and there is a gap between the Texas panhandle and part of New Mexico where the highest octane you can get is 90, so I dialed it down to "2" untill I could get a tank of 91 and it hasnt run right since. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
orange_blaster said:
Drove my S3R from Va beach to Cali and back and car is running like crap. Motor and everything runs smooth but the boost is all screwy. Here are ther numbers:
1st, 2nd gear---8-15 psi
3rd gear---8psi
4th, 5th---5psi
sometimes the psi varies. my vaccum at idle is
at 18 and at closed throttle deceleration it is 22, so I dont think its a leak. I reset the computer, and recently changed the plugs. The problem seems to be getting worse. Im thinking my wastegate might be messed up??? Possibly the boost controler? Im thinking maybe that because I have the turbo toys and there is a gap between the Texas panhandle and part of New Mexico where the highest octane you can get is 90, so I dialed it down to "2" untill I could get a tank of 91 and it hasnt run right since. Any thoughts?
Reset your computer.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already tried resetting the computer, and the dial a boost is set at three. I dont think its the dial a boost because the problem is worstening, as opposed to it being "stuck" or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts