Dodge SRT Forum banner
361 - 380 of 396 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
loudneon said:
Anyone know if I can hook one of these up to the Evo, since it don't have one. They are just 2 wires and a plug.
I can see the posts now. "A few Neon owners can make your EVO pass inspections" or " It took a Neon owner to make your car pass, since you couldn't" :rofl: You think they might get more respect ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
On topic now. Why not mount it on the interior of the car on the firewall or something? That will keep the enviroment more stable for the electronics. Somewhere under the dash has to be some room. I'm not familar with where the cpu is in the car. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry I went way off topic with the Evo, I want a boost gauge for it and have access to buy one from work for the cobalt ss. Just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about them. Should have started a new thread about it. I trust you guys way more than anyother forum that's why I asked here about it. You all rock, plus I have been waiting years for Dodge to come out with a car like this. Still a hard core Dodge fan here. Imagine what my Shelby Lancer would have been like with this engine back in '87. Would have smoked alot of people.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Our cars don't have CPUs. They have PCMs.
Just felt like picking nits today....

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I feel more restricitve emmisions inspection laws make folks more uptight.

And you still dont get it, PM me for a translation:)

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
iball said:
Our cars don't have CPUs. They have PCMs.
Just felt like picking nits today....
CPU/PCM/ECU it's all the same :)

Our ECU is located in the front of the engine bay, vertically mounted just behind and below the driver's side headlight. Placing it in the engine bay is likely just due to proximity. From what I read, there's really nothing special going on here that would warrant a short lead length. I figure you could put it in the cabin, you'll just need to shove the wires to the C4 connector through the firewall. Since the C4 connector is so big, you will likely need to cut and splice.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Question.. I was under the impression that this was going to be something you took in and out from time to time

Is that still the case or is this going to be built to stay in all the time

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
I sleep with my preciousssss PCM under my pillow at night.
Yessssss....my precioussssssss.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
2Point4 said:
Question.. I was under the impression that this was going to be something you took in and out from time to time

Is that still the case or is this going to be built to stay in all the time
you will be able to do ity either way you want

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just remembered that I have a NYS inspection sticker from when I had my car registered in NY and it's good until late 06 if someone in NY needs it. I have no use for it, I hate FL but love the part about no inspection/emissions. ;)

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
phrozen said:
or some kid at the inspection station just ignores your suspension and smacks your oil pan on the inspection station gear. that sounds like a good idea.

no thank you.
I don't even have to get out of the car. They know here. Maybe I got a edumicated bunch though.:lol:

361 - 380 of 396 Posts