Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Which codes are those again? Exactly. Then did into the stock neon section to see what kind of signal those get. Your manuals (the ones that came with S3 have the pinouts for SRT and 2.0 neon PCMs. Look close at the troubleshooting steps for the associated codes.

This should lead to knowing what you need to feed which pins. Of course, if these are not just "present" signals like the 2nd O2 sensor, but changing inputs that change with changes in the tranny, like the rationality checks that look for specific changes in one signal compared to others.

It could get hard to dupe those signals real fast. SO damn glad I live out in the weeds.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Yes, but Hec, what codes will she throw from the signals from the 3 bar sensors not being whats expected. Or from the S0 PCM seeing connections on the Toys interface?

Blah, you can't see these codes that way, it's gotta be a real scanner. I'm not even sure the Autozone kind will get them. I know a DRB will, and obviously a NY state emmisions one will.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
The autostick PCM was used becuase it had some feature that they were able to corrupt into acting as the Toys controller. And maybe it's not laziness, maybe it's not being allowed to actively seek to subvert federal emmisions law.

Putting the "No legal for use on roadways" sticker on knowing damn well they are going to be used there is one thing. Actively changing software for no other reason that to make it able to break federal laws might be more than management were wiling to sign off on.

Notice to huge silence from our inside sources on this. Might be big risk involved. I know none of this for sure, I'm just extrapolating from available data.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
johnnyfive said:
dodge subverted federal emission laws just putting stage 1 out! :rofl: :rofl:
No, becuase they disclaimered (not a word, I know:lol: ) it. Giving you a sticker that you could apply to your race-only, not emmisions certified, PCM to make it look legal is completely different.

And phrozen, those guys are watched like hawks here, make no mistake. Anonymous data dumps come from somewhere, the team is pretty small.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
The codes do NOT show up with the key trick. I have not tried the Azone guys yet.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
psi chick said:
the car registers it. when i do the key check it's the only code that appears. on the emissions print out where it gives the reason that the car failed, it does not list the 633 as a problem, only the three tranny related codes.
Becuase there's no way they could possibly call a SKIM key code emmisions related. Now in PA, I think, they have it written that ANY code can be constured as "signs of tampering". Now THAT's a bitch.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I think the fact that the PT guys were mostly hugely freaking out about emmisions had something to do with that.

Whereas our attitude was akin the Psi Chicks, namely "I'll get the kit and worry about emmisions when it happens", theirs was "I refuse to but a kit unless its not only Federal, but CARB certified also."

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Sorry Mike, if the "Dodge did it becuase it's meant for the track" theory were true, then they would have set all 5 kits (S1, S2 no toys, S2 w/toys, S3 not toys, S3 w/toys) to trigger codes. Becuase none of them are legal for use on pollution controlled vehicles, or vehicles registered for highway use. They ALL carry the same disclaimer

Like the VIN/warranty thing, folks want to atttribute to conspiracy what is not.

And if you had bothered to read the thread, we already know which wires are in question, and what input they need. The question now is whether it's worthwhile to make a "signal simulator" to simulate the required inputs, or just swap some components outs every few years.

If you want to help, tells us exactly what codes are no-nos on the PA test. All OBDII codes? Just emmisions codes? If my car sets a "P0633- Ignition key not recognized by computer" code, is that a fail? How about these?

P2302-IGNITION COIL #1 SECONDARY CIRCUIT-INSUFFICIENT IONIZATION
P2305-IGNITION COIL #2 SECONDARY CIRCUIT-INSUFFICIENT IONIZATION
P2503-CHARGING SYSTEM VOLTAGE LOW . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now, none of these are "emmisions" codes, would they fail me? Or somebody that lives in PA, I should say.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
phrozen said:
What are those codes from?
Just from the book, I picked them as examples of code that are not emmisions related. See, some states garage/inspection station owners lobbying groups get the standards set so that ANY codes is evidence of tampering and therefore a fail.

Which leads to lucrative repair/reinspections.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
With Stage 3, I'm not sure. With 2, your okay, but we have never gotten a defintive word on exactly how common the no toys PCM is, electronically speaking.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Phroz, see, that fourth socket, which in a Toys kit (not sure about no-toys) is populated with pins, gets covered with a "blank" harness connector. All Toys kits come with one, to protect the unused pins. SO you'll have one. I believe they are also available separately, but only MPSC knows for sure:)

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Can anyone remember where it was that a vendor listed stage kit parts as standalone?
See, phroz, the pins ARE the wire terminals.

You'll see when you do the toys. You drill an access hole through the backshell, slide out the lock tab to allow the pin to seat, and lock it back down with the slide tab.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
never2muchboost said:
im thinking the same thing although it may not need any relays at all.heres a kick in the ass though,isnt the c4 slot on the s3 pcm empty?

anyone?
NO, it's not empty, its got pins. Which is why you need the "blank" harness plug, to protect them.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
P4510861 Wire Harness Terminals — Set of 10 (Turbo Toys) $10.00

Thanks to Tex for asking about stuff, which thread surfaced this tidbit:)

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
phrozen said:
I still don't understand how these connectors work. Something about a 3/32" drill and a clamp piece... Oh well. I'll find out soon enough. Lets just make sure we have everything we need to make connections.

Maybe some epoxy to seal everything up...
Maybe I can explain better. The back of the backshell is a grid with a square recess for every pin location, each row is numbered. This tells you where to drill. The backshell there is very thin, you could really use an awl to pierce it.

Inside of this is a membrane, this provides your envinronmental seal. I used no other sealant on mine, and my stage 2 was in service for over 14K with no issues, and it's a daily driver.

Next layer is a slide lock (the red tab) that retains the terminals into the plug.

=====Backshell
-------Membrane
- - - Locking tab
_ _ _ _ Front of connector

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
phrozen said:
It is likely that they are using the auto trans computer to control the toys hardware. Although, I can't imagine why... The toys setup doesn't really require lots of computational complexity.
Temp = HIGH --> Spray intercooler
From what I remember being told, it's not as simple as that for the sprayer. It's an "intelligent" design that "leads" the temp rise based on temp rise, throttle position, ambient using an algorithm tuned in the wind tunnel.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Good work guys, those codes were annoying. Like a loose tooth:)

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
This of course, opens wide the pool of potential buyers for my Stage 3 car, Kudos to you, Sirs, I say Kudos to you both!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts