Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my ported head and Crane 12's in after waiting for 2 months on the cam gears. It made 394 hp/399 tq. in HOM!:clap: I had no less than 350 tq. from 3300 rpm all the way to 5800. Nice and fat! The best all around #'s were with the cams set at +2 int./-2 exh. My A/F #'s were in the low 12's, so there is definately 400 hp in there. Mad props to my bud Justin at JMB for all the help! This thing flat rips!

·
Registered
782 Posts
what are good a/f for the stg 3 cars, i have a big wheel and i need to know ASAP cuz mines runnin like shit after my buddy set it at or around 11.5 or so

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
blknite22 said:
what are good a/f for the stg 3 cars, i have a big wheel and i need to know ASAP cuz mines runnin like shit after my buddy set it at or around 11.5 or so
If you're running 11.5's, then fuel is not your issue.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Good job:thumbsup: Mod list and Dyno graph please! ^^^^ Your car should be running fine at 11.5, what is it doing?

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Who did you have port the head?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kudos, guys. Ask and ye shall receive. Dyno chart and graph is included. The lower of the two lines is through full exh., the upper is out the cutout (3hp,3 tq. diff.). Mods list is as follows: S3 w/DCR mods, JMB CAI, press. pipes, and ported int. man., LFS 60 mm TB, AGP large FMIC, ported cyl. head w/1 mm o/s ss valves, Crane springs and ti retainers, Crane 12 cams, Unorthodox adj. gears, DCR top end oil mod, bal. shaft chain cut, Maxxfab O2 housing and downpipe (modded by JMB w/cutout), Mopar cat back, JMB fuel return sys. w/Aeromotive FPR and bottleneck fix, Walbro 255 pump, NOS N2O sys. (not used as of yet).:eveilgrin That's most of the major stuff I can think of. The head was ported by a local guy that I met through Justin at JMB. He does great work, obviously. Enjoy!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you see that well enough? Of course not! Damnit! I can't seem to be able to make them any larger. I'm such a rookie on these newfangled computators.:dunno:Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
So what are your thoughts on running the fuel return with S3?

I've been telling guys to do this forever but few have taken the plunge.

I had an AGP return setup for like a month with my S3 but had to sell it when I got into a money crunch.

Nice numbers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Very,Very Nice

·
SRTforums Nazi Admin
16,228 Posts
SO CLOSE TO 400 u can taste it nice numbers ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
-ND4SPD- said:
So what are your thoughts on running the fuel return with S3?

I've been telling guys to do this forever but few have taken the plunge.

I had an AGP return setup for like a month with my S3 but had to sell it when I got into a money crunch.

Nice numbers. :thumbsup:
It seemed to work really well that way. We turned the press. down to 48 psi, and still couldn't pull enough fuel out of it. So we adjusted the wga to get a few more psi, and the A/F fell right in line, especially in HOM. If you could actually see the chart, you'd see that it is steady as a rock all through the curve, between 12.5 and 12. At 6200 rpm shutoff, it still was at 11.99. I would recommend the return line, bottleneck fix, and 255 pump to anyone, at least through 400 hp. After that, we'll just have to see. But it seems like I still have plenty of fuel to spare.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Philth said:
Nice! Someone refresh me and tell me if upgraded springs/retainers are needed for these cams.
No, they are not required for the 12's. I just went with the springs for a little bit more valvetrain control, and the retainers to help offset the slightly heavier o/s valves.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
What fuel were you using to hold HOM?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I want a better pic of the dyno graph:crying: Are you running anything to controll fuel other than the return line?

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
J-SRT4 said:
I want a better pic of the dyno graph:crying: Are you running anything to controll fuel other than the return line?
There's no need to. You do coarse fuel adjustments with the FPR & the the S3 pcm do the fine tuning :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts