1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
make it a poll, and IPP

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
s3 wont handle like ipp.. the springs are not as stiff... but mopar makes for a softer ride..

ipps are good for tracks and better handling, but not as soft..

·
Premium Member
16,989 Posts
robino said:
so IPP's huh...

how cheap can i get a set? Ray sells them I take it?
IPP's are sold through the other vendors on this forum, Exhaust Depot being 1 of them, but he doesn't list them on his website, you can hit him up with a PM and ask him for the price. modernperformance is another vendor with the IPP's

·
Registered
43 Posts
SIII's are rebuildable through KW, and now that SIIIr's are coming out you'll be able to put stiffer springs on the SIII's since mopar is releasing a large variety of spring rates. I already did this, purchased 342lb front springs for my sIII's from KW about 3 months ago, so my setup is 342lb front/250lb rear. The car is very stiff, has little body roll, and handle's quite well. Keep in mind as well that mopar's lightweight car runs a normal setup on their SIII's, and managed slightly over 1g on the skidpad.

·
Premium Member
3,623 Posts
Dark, do you know the maximum allowable spring rate for the stage3's before they need to get revalved. My guess is that the stage3R have different internal valving to handle a higher spring rate. Thanks in advance.
Greg

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
easy for me because i have the IPP's. I love them and wouldn't trade them for anything else! The handleing is like night & day from stock (and the CO's is the only thing I changed so far!)

Spring rates for available SRT-4 CO's

IPP Coilovers

FRONT: 336 lb/in
REAR: 224 lb/in.

Mopar/K&W's Coilovers

FRONT: 257 lb/in
REAR: 171 lb/in.

Tein Coilovers

FRONT: 280 lb/in.
Rear: 280 lb/in.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think what you have to ask is what type of driving do you do most and what kind of ride do you want. I went with the S3's because of a rediculous price. I was looking at the IPP, but it seems it was a better track set up. Now I think the mopars will be great for the street and you will still be able to track them. Just my .02. I will write a reivew of the S3's when I get around to putting them on. I just put on the Hotchicks sways and it made a tone of difference with the body roll.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Dark04 said:
SIII's are rebuildable through KW, and now that SIIIr's are coming out you'll be able to put stiffer springs on the SIII's since mopar is releasing a large variety of spring rates. I already did this, purchased 342lb front springs for my sIII's from KW about 3 months ago, so my setup is 342lb front/250lb rear. The car is very stiff, has little body roll, and handle's quite well. Keep in mind as well that mopar's lightweight car runs a normal setup on their SIII's, and managed slightly over 1g on the skidpad.
They realized a 1g with R compound rubber. Not standard street rubber. When someone sees 1g on street rubber thats the set up I will run.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
matt...i drive it silly...silly i tell ya'.
i don't need to go to the track, i'm silly like that.
did i mention how silly i am?

nah man...just looking for a good fookin' coil over, that's all. It don't matter how or where I'm gonna be whippin' turns, fact is i'm gonna...so i need a good coilover.

IPP's lookin better and better from what i've been reading, specs, adjustability, price...the fact that i love Ray, etc etc.

·
Super Moderator
64,297 Posts
i have the ipps, the ride is nice, handles and looks great, and is much more adjustable than the mopars i think.. they only have 16 way adjustability, correct?

and i know the ipps can adjust for height much more than the mopars

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I'm leaning towards the IPP's mainly because my car is more for street racing and road racing. I don't give a rats ass how the ride is in my car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
njshift-

I bought the 342lb springs direct from KW, and according to the techs there there was no need to revalve the shocks on the S3's to run that rate, and I was told that even stiffer springs could be used before revalving was necessary, although I didn't pursue it any further than that because my car is still a daily driver, and the 342f/257r (I switched front to rear and replaced the fronts) make it stiffer than the IPP's already.

·
Registered
102 Posts
From what ive seen, the IPPs loose way too much rear suspension travel as compared to Tein, mopar/kw.

Correct me if im wrong. Thats why i didnt purchase their set.

I have Tein SS, and i have an oversteer condition, due to too stiff rear springs, too large rear sway, and street alignemnt specs.

I figured either Teins ot the Mopars, id have to swap the springs for different rates to get what i wanted, and both products have widely available spring rates that work with them, i just so happened to come accross teins at the time and i coudlnt pass them up.

I will probally be upgrading my front spring rate to 350# in the near future, as i can feel the rear end is way stiffer than the front.

p.s
The suspension travel lost was equal over all 4 wheels pretty much, its not so much that the wheels come off the ground at autocrosses, etc. id have to say on a pretty low setting, the wheels drop 3-4 inches at least, id have to measure to be sure

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.