Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutch held really well. Until it didn't LMAO!!! Didn't slip or skip a beat at all. For the first 650 miles. Then installed the amazing tune from Dave @needlesstorque.com made 2 good test hits all looked really well!!! Afr's were good and rich @ 10.8 was the leanest I seen.The log showed 11.2 for a brief second. Keep in mind email tune no correction yet so far.

Then I decided to make a 3rd gear pull from 3k. I got to 4800 rpm and then it just blew apart the clutch broke the rivets clean off of the clutch disk input shaft housing. See attached pics. Now keep in mind it is a 7 year old clutch. With about 40k on it. I was impressed it wasn't slipping and that it still was working lol. Yeah I was expecting this to happen.

This was my second c/m fx400 6 puck clutch. I was and still am very happy with both of them that I ran. But I am switching to a bigger and better clutch now. Act twins coming soon!!! A huge huge THANKS to Ben at AGP. This baby should hold some power without any problems.

Very excited to try out this act clutch!!! And once again THANK YOU to AGP turbo for the amazing quality parts and service and Dave Trojan "needlesstorque.com" for the amazing quality of his email base tunes and for all the knowledge that man knows and shares thanks so much!!!

LET'S MAKE SOME POWER!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,768 Posts
damn thats some impressive carnage! Are you still on an oem input shaft?

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am. Also yes I know that's gonna be the next issue. Especially since I'm going with a twin disk. Dang it Gump you just had to remind me LMAO. Joking Probably won't take too long to snap it either. But hey gotta pay to play right lol.

That's why I also got one other good stock trans and another with a broke input shaft. Also have a auto trans I've been thinking about messing with as well. Was planning on learning how to rebuild on the trans with the snapped shaft. Haven't got there yet though. But yeah I probably should start digging into sooner then later. All in fun and good spirits.

Also can u belive car drove home on it's own power with what happened!!! Yeah 1st gear only couldn't shift if I did it would lose it's hold and go no wear. Had to turn it off and start it in first gear to get her to move but beat walking and having to pull her back home lol. I thought it was the input shaft. Then it moved on it's own power as mentioned. So lucky for now. On the input shaft that is.

·
Premium Member
4,768 Posts
Yes I am. Also yes I know that's gonna be the next issue. Especially since I'm going with a twin disk. Dang it Gump you just had to remind me LMAO. Joking Probably won't take too long to snap it either. But hey gotta pay to play right lol.

That's why I also got one other good stock trans and another with a broke input shaft. Also have a auto trans I've been thinking about messing with as well. Was planning on learning how to rebuild on the trans with the snapped shaft. Haven't got there yet though. But yeah I probably should start digging into sooner then later. All in fun and good spirits.

Also can u belive car drove home on it's own power with what happened!!! Yeah 1st gear only couldn't shift if I did it would lose it's hold and go no wear. Had to turn it off and start it in first gear to get her to move but beat walking and having to pull her back home lol. I thought it was the input shaft. Then it moved on it's own power as mentioned. So lucky for now. On the input shaft that is.
I'm still on the original trans too... completely stock other than agp shift selector... so i'm kind of in the same boat, but i dont have a twin disk.

Its funny how that goes sometimes. I had an AWD eagle talon that one spring in the clutch disk messed up and the car was completely undrivable... a buddy with an RSX lost all but like one spring in his during an auto-x event (part of one of the springs even shot out of the hole for the slave cylinder and took out his radiator) and he was able to drive it home....

Reactions: Whiteout46

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still on the original trans too... completely stock other than agp shift selector... so i'm kind of in the same boat, but i dont have a twin disk.

Its funny how that goes sometimes. I had an AWD eagle talon that one spring in the clutch disk messed up and the car was completely undrivable... a buddy with an RSX lost all but like one spring in his during an auto-x event (part of one of the springs even shot out of the hole for the slave cylinder and took out his radiator) and he was able to drive it home....
Lol it's amazing sometimes what these things go though and still keep on going. Till the last lil bit.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the new act twin disk clutch today. A big thanks to Ben at AGP for getting me set up with this beautiful act twin disk clutch/ pivot fork/ pivot ball/ boot and clip and also the shirt and hat. Very happy with AGP Turbo. Will definitely be giving them more business/recommending them as often as I can. Also very happy with the customer service. Very honest and respectful company. Thanks so very much AGP.

Attachments

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This things a beast of a clutch!!! And super light. And just beautiful!!! Can't wait to get it all back together and get some miles on it. Here's some pictures of it. Before and after install. Thanks for reading. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another update. This clutch is amazing!!! The pedal is not too stiff but it's stiffer then the factory clutch or the previous clutch masters stage 4 6 puck. Engagement is very quick. Not to much of even trying to slip it if you wanted to. So definitely do not recommend trying to daily drive in heavy traffic areas. It shifts like a hot knife cutting butter. I have not got into the throttle yet. But low rpm shifting is a night and day difference. The transmission is so happy no issues with any gear at all. Just thought I'd share my findings so far. 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts