Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed s2 wga on my 05' w/about 4mm of preload. drove it around easy for about 1/2 an hour spiking and letting off at 17-18 psi. then did a few wot runs and was spiking 20psi falling to 17psi. I was under the impression that on the stock lines the pcm would limit boost after an hour or so but it is still hitting 20-21psi in 3rd 4th and 5th and so now I have a cel (over boost nodoubt) So do I need to back off the preload or what any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
You need to drive it normally for a few days until the PCM learns. Then it will boost normally.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes and maybe you spike 21 because you accelerate at the top rapidly when you are at 2500 RPM instead of that down shift...I'm not good in english but maybe someone can understand what I've written and explain it more clearly.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
I am not that person.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
dude enjoy it while you can!!! The PCM will learn and it will control boost!!! I was pegging the boost gauge in third when I 1st installed my S2 wga, now I'll spike abour 18 and it falls to about 14/15. when I was spiking high my A/F's were still pretty rich so I was like cool, no harm no foul, but the PCM learned.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the input guys.im seeing around 17 falling to 13 today in 1st 2nd and 3rd but still spiking around 18 or 19 in 4th and 5th so I guessthe pcm is catching on I just didnt want to hurt any thing. SO do you think the preload is alright where it is?And thanks again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
if you are not hitting over 18 lbs you are good,
i had mine took me for ever to adjust the damn thing, still had it at 20 ish psi in 3rd and 4th
i ended up just taking it off and going back to stock., i got sick of the pinging sound. and octane booster is costly every 3 days or so

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
The 4 mm preload allows the PCM to adjust the WGA for both higher and lower boost. That should be okay.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dimarini said:
You need to drive it normally for a few days until the PCM learns. Then it will boost normally.
I find it odd that you'd need to drive the car "normally" to get the PCM to limit peak boost. My thought is this, "How can the PCM learn to limit boost, if you're not boosting (or boosting high enough for the pcm to knock it down)".....I'm not trying to argue....U know alot more than i do. I'll be getting a S2 WGA in a few days ...Just trying to get all the info i can. Thanx.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
By "normally" I mean just don't peg the gauge, not necessarily drive like grandma. :thumbsup:

You are right. You just need to show it some boost so that it can get in tune with it's new "muscles" from the S2 WGA.

·
Registered
305 Posts
OK thanx

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
brent98rt said:
if you are not hitting over 18 lbs you are good,
i had mine took me for ever to adjust the damn thing, still had it at 20 ish psi in 3rd and 4th
i ended up just taking it off and going back to stock., i got sick of the pinging sound. and octane booster is costly every 3 days or so
I reset my ECU for track days. I did'nt hear any pinging while spiking high, but again my car runs a bit on the rich side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts