Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you say that you could use the high boost level on the Mopar S2 with a larger FMIC and no water spray or 100-octane fuel? Also, would a better compressor setup? That what at the higher boost levels you are not just pumping really hot air into the engine with a less efficient compressor and intercooler. Any opinions?

·
Registered
273 Posts
the problem isn't so much the air temperatures (although obviously it plays a role). The high octane switch bumps up the timing considerably, so the octane of the gas needs to be high (whether from water injection or race gas) to make sure the air/fuel mixture doesn't burn too fast. I'm not sure if the high octane switch does anything to the boost levels, but if so the large FMIC might help a bit in that department.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
NoLongerStock said:
Would you say that you could use the high boost level on the Mopar S2 with a larger FMIC and no water spray or 100-octane fuel? Also, would a better compressor setup? That what at the higher boost levels you are not just pumping really hot air into the engine with a less efficient compressor and intercooler. Any opinions?
no you can use a fmic and race mode a fmic does nothing for octane

=NoLongerStock]That what at the higher boost levels you are not just pumping really hot air into the engine with a less efficient compressor and intercooler. Any opinions?
i would say 18lb for the stock unit

also you might want add a key with the codes to what you have posted above

or and i know this is the pot calling the kettle black

you could read what you right and make it as close to english as you can

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I figured that the water sprayer on the intercooler is to help reduce the air charge temps and the higher octane is to help controlling knock at the higher boosts. So maybe with the Big 16G compressor upgrade and a larger FMIC you might get away with the level 3 setting with pump gas or maybe with an octane booster additive. Also with the compressor upgrade you could hold boost to redline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.