Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that adding an intercooler/hard pipes increases top end in an S2 car.I was wondering how much of an increase and was it the full race of the direct fit? Big turbo plans are down the road,but I want something to add an appretiable ammount of power- especialy mid to up top for now :thumbsup:

suggestions? anything else I should consider to add a noticable gain?
(no map clamp,no tuning :thumbsup: )

thanks!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Add a clamp and lean out that kit some, you will notice a good difference once it's leaned out. If you have access to 93 octane tune it for an AFR of 11:6-11:8 @ redline, or if you only have 91 octane shoot for more around 11:5-11:6 @ redline. My car personally runs better with an 11:6 AFR @ redline with 93 octane. But every car is different.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
if you don't have an upgraded exhaust, i would say do that next, you will notice a difference with the stage 2, oil topend modifier, 3 inch o2 housing, even the smallest things can add hp, on somethings such as fmic and hardpipes you can even see a increase in psi by maybe 1-2....good luck

·
Premium Member, 2011 Calendar Car
3,415 Posts
You should feel a power gain with an upgraded ic. I felt a gain in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear when I installed my ic. Even though I lost about 1 psi. I'm stage 2 also.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Double J said:
You should feel a power gain with an upgraded ic. I felt a gain in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear when I installed my ic. Even though I lost about 1 psi. I'm stage 2 also.
that's excatly where I need it! :thumbsup:
I'll most likely get an intercooler/hard pipes here real soon also making sure to get some Tclamps and a loud ass BOV..I definetly get boy-cotted by the neighborhood now..loud ass cut out and a sharp ass PPffffFFfTTtt sound :rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts