Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys install and check for any imperfections be sure to add this new vital procedure(s) to the task.

- PLEASE ensure that each injector O ring is securely placed on the injector prior to installing on the fuel rail.

- PLEASE ensure that each injector clip is securely placed on each injector before installing fuel rail on the engine.

- PLEASE ensure that when installing the assembled fuel rail that each injector O ring seats properly on the manifold.

Failure/Damage to any or one of the O rings can trigger a multitude of reactions that the computer will not detect. If one or several should become damaged there will be a vacuum condition that will trigger a misfire, stumble and lean combustion process. The side effects will be noticed not only at idle but also on a dynometer aswell as daily driving. This lean condition will not trigger any CEL nor will it register on the cylinder misfire counters. It will be audible and felt but not register on any of the sensors except getting aukward AF readings from the o2 sensors. If this condition should be present here are some steps to take:

- Buy yourself a can of BG Air Intake system cleaner or similar product
- Check/replace spark plugs (if needed)
- Turn engine on
- Check to ensure the spark plug wires are conducting the spark energy properly
- Locate a vacuum source that will directly affect idle quality (preferably the black line that connects the turbo to the intake box aka "the boost leak")
- While the engine is idleing disconnect the line and observe/listen for a change in idle quality.
- slightly reconnect the line so that you have enough of an opening to spray some AIS cleaner through the provided small straw.
- Again observe/listen for a change in idle quality. This will let you know if you have a vacuum leak.
- If the car stumbles then recovers then your vacuum system is fine so you are safe to reconnect the line.

If problem persists,

- Spray the AIS cleaner into the manifold sockets where the injectors reside.
- Do each injector individually and listen/observe for any change in idle quality
- If one o ring should be damaged/not seated properly the idle quality once the AIS cleaner is sprayed will reflect it by causing the motor to rev higher.
- If you should not find any issues with the injector o rings or vacuum system then its time to check for boost leaks.

I learned all this from several weeks of trying to troubleshoot my stage 2 kit, the o ring on Cylinder 1 p0wn3d me good:readclose Figured i'd share the cure for those out there scratching their heads. Thanks to those who helped me and i'd like to thank Psi-fi Motorsports for their prompt service on a part a friend needed to aide in the possible cure :clap:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is for anyone doing S1, S2, S3 or aftermarket injector install...Bump :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
very nice writeup. Even though mine seems to be running fine it wouldnt hurt to do this check anyhow for leaks and such. If somehow the ring is bad on one or more of the injectors where can a replacement be bought? Do I go by the local parts store or do I have to go to the dealership to obtain a replacement o-ring?

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
squelch said:
Ide suggest a dealer part, just to make shure your getting the right stuff. It's part # 4897125AA It has a suggested factory list of $10.10, and thats a kit per injector(2 orings).

Forget that man, go to NAPA and get the rings for a Chrysler 2.4. They are like, .89 an injector.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Air Intake System cleaner

·
Registered
777 Posts
Dealer Problems

Hey bought my car with stage 2 can anyone help me fin out to see if the car still has it. Cause when I bought the car it wasnt street legal so they took off the exhaust it had and said they left the stage 2 kit but ive noticed it doesnt throw me back as hard live in florida thanx for the help

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
05_Stage2_SRT-4 said:
Hey bought my car with stage 2 can anyone help me fin out to see if the car still has it. Cause when I bought the car it wasnt street legal so they took off the exhaust it had and said they left the stage 2 kit but ive noticed it doesnt throw me back as hard live in florida thanx for the help
where in florida

·
Registered
252 Posts
Make sure you take pictures and post em up on here asap im sure a few of the members on here would be happy to confirm it for you to see if your actually getting what you paid for.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I change my injector to plenum o-rings every time I change the plugs.. They are only 3 bucks. Make sure to put a thin coat of silicone paste on the rings before installing them to ensure an easy fit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.